*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561996-Hero-of-the-game
Rated: E · Fiction · None · #1561996
great story
Hero of the game
I popped the chewing gum into my mouth, it was a routine I did before I went on, soon I would begin to knock my cricket bat into place and then bury myself in a seat to watch the line and length of the bowlers and the pace at which they bowled. I analyzed every ball and said what shot I would’ve played in my head. It is crucial to know what you want to do in the game of cricket, otherwise your heading for trouble. After a while the fourth wicket fell and I jumped out of my seat, ready to play, adrenalin washed through me and my heart thumped hard against my chest. I heard the loud cheers and applause of the crowd when I came out to bat. I prayed under my breath and took guard at the crease, before the bowler bowled I looked up at the scoreboard, we needed five runs from the last ball, I muttered time for a miracle to happen, this is what I was born to become, a hero of the game.
© Copyright 2009 bimz da beast (bimz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561996-Hero-of-the-game