*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562206-Trickster-In-The-Dark
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1562206
Insanity With Just A little Chuckle
In a cold lonely room is a bound man and me sitting beside on a black desk chair. The only light in this small claustrophobic room is over the man. It dangles in the breeze and throws shadows over the cracked walls. Water lies still on the floor as the sound of footsteps can be heard from everywhere. I look at him silently waiting for him to stir. The man opens an eye and yanks on his restraints. He screams, but the gag muffles every sound he utters. I get to my feet and walk closer to him. His screams grow louder and his chest heaves.

"Have you ever wondered how they make a monster?" I ask.

He glares at me. His gag muffling every swear word.

"Hmm, that's what they all think." I laugh. "A little corruption, a little joke. It all works in a way. But, what I want to see is how much pain can someone take till they start to talk. To corrupt ones mind, how long will it take?"

He kicks his bound legs and falls to the ground.

"No, no, no, I want you to see, to hear, to be my guinea pig."

I grab the chair and put it back up. Glancing at the gag, I take it out and throw it to the damp ground. He screams and gasps for air.

"Not much of talker are you." I grin.

"What the fuck are you going to do!" He screams. His face red with hate and his voice spitting venom.

"Well, weren't you listening. You know that really hurts my feelings." I feign a hurt look and laugh.

He turns and twists on the chair. I look at him with a huge grin. "Well, let's begin shall we. I'm a very busy woman. And let's face it your already starting to bore me."

I walk away and grab a table full of tools. He stares at them and laughs. "This isn't happening. You're not going to..."

"First stage, denial," I say with my jester like smile, "see you can be interesting when you want to be."

He closes his eyes and turns his head. "Just because you close your eyes doesn't mean it won't happen." I bark. "Now open up your eyes or else."

"Or else what!" He demands.

"Well, just keep them close tough guy and you'll find out soon." I laugh. He opens his eyes and looks at me. Eyes wet with tears, he tries to smile.

"I've got a kid." He says and looks at me. "I have a picture of her in my wallet if you want to see."

"I know what she looks like." I answer bluntly.

He cocks an eyebrow and goes on, "Then you should know that she needs a dad."

"A better one," I answer under my breath.

"Maybe, but she still needs me in her life..." his voice starts to tremble. "I need to see her."

I grab a scalpel and stare at it blankly. "I always wanted to be a doctor or at least a plastic surgeon. Then, I got to the test and choked and failed."

"Please, I know a guy who deserves this!" He says. "Please don't," he begs.

"I've heard that. The third stage, begging, pleading," I smile. "Has it ever helped? Begging,"

"I, I don't know."

"Answer is no." I say as I take a stab at his shoulder.

He grinds his teeth as he tries not to scream. I laugh as I cut his cheek. The blood trickles from the cut as he closes his eyes. A howl of sheer pain escapes his lips. I chuckle as I look sympathetically at him.

"How long do you think you'll last?"

He glances at me and laughs hysterically. "I don't care anymore. Shit, kill me if you want. I don't care. I won't talk."

"Hmm, you're quite fast on the stages aren't you."

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "You can't corrupt a mind that has already been there."

"Well, that's where you're wrong." I grin. "I sure as hell can."

I walk out of the damp room and come back with a camera. "Have you ever wondered what could happen to your little girl?"

"Don't you fucking touch her!" He screams as he thrashes on the chair.

"Well, I personally wouldn't harm a little girl. How sickening is that."

He relaxes. "But, truth be told others would and they aren't that hard to find."

He starts to scream and cry. I fall back on my chair and lean against it. His tears stream down his face as he shakes uncontrollably with rage. I chuckle softly as I watch him. This might be the straw that just takes him over the edge.

He glares at me. "Why the hell did you do it?"

"Do what," I ask softly.

"You know what they did to her! You wanted it!" He yells as he tries to kick his legs.

"Oh, they haven't done anything, yet. They are waiting for my signal. So, I guess the power is in my hands."

"You son of a bitch! You can do anything to me, but not to her!"

"Well, well, well you haven't got a say in this fella. Guess what you ain't got shit and well, I've got everything." I smile and jump to my feet. Walking away to add to his frustration, he screams at me. I look over my shoulder and blow him a kiss.



Coming back later, he scowls and bares his teeth. I almost strut over and tap him on his head. "Now, now, be nice or maybe something might happen to poor little Angelie."

"I swear if they lay a finger on her you'll get it."

"Threats coming from a bound man are just that much affective." I laugh.

"Bite me." He answers. I reach in my pocket and grab my cell phone.

"Oh well," I sigh theatrically. Tapping in the numbers as slowly as possible, I glance at his face, flushed of all color. His features twisted in disgust as he looks at the cell phone.

"Hey... Yeah, it's time."

Turning up the sound, I take it away from my ear so the guy can hear. Screams and the swooshing sound of metal in the air can be heard. The girl on the other line starts to sob and beg as the sound keeps strong. He cries and listens to it sadly. Trying to talk to his daughter, his words muffled from the tears.

"Daddy," the girl cries.

"I'm here," he tries to say. I giggle with demented delight.

"Stop, please stop," he pleads breathlessly. "I'll tell you anything. I promise just stop them. Stop them!"

I nod my head and say, "Stop it boys and let her go. If anything else happens to her it's your skin."

"Okay boss," a masculine voice says. The screams and sobs stop. Footsteps are heard walking away as one is dragged.

I turn off my cell phone. "Nothing will happen to her. You've done the right thing."

"Yeah right,"

"Well, start talking."

"Yeah, I killed 'em."

"Hmm and how did you get off?" I ask as I sit back down on my chair. Leaning forward, he spits at me.

I wipe it away and grab the phone. "Do you want me to call them up again?"

He shrugs. "She's probably already gone."

"Ahem, don't count on it." I turn it on.

"No, no, I'm sorry! I have some buddies that got me off."

"What are there names?" I ask with a pen in one hand.

He starts naming them as he fearfully looks at the cell phone.

"A monster that sells out his own friends, I never knew I could manage in such little time. Oh yeah, I lied."

I grab the phone and dial quickly. "Kill her." I say.

"Yes ma'am." The voice says and gunshots are heard mixed with laughter and screams.

"Thank you." I hang up the phone again.

Tugging against his restraints, he cries and yells every word he knows.

"Well, now that I know everything I need I'll see you later."

"What?"

"Yeah, see I won't kill you because my revenge is over. I fucked up your life like you did mine. Kind of eye for an eye don't you think, kill my kid and I kill yours. Now, I'm off. If ever you get out of the restraints come and see me." I wave and leave.



Opening the door, I look at the night sky. My heart pounds in my chest as I think of what just went down in that isolated room. The alleyway I'm in brings off to the main stripe. The wind beats against my bare arms. The blood dries up. My hair whips in the air.

If ever he does get loose, he'll find out that his friends will be childless just like him. They'll pay for what they did to me. He should've been in jail, paying. No, his friends got him off and they'll pay just like him.

"You'll never get away with it." My brain tells me.

"Yes I will."

"The police will find out about it before."

"No they won't"

"You'll be in jail."

"I don't care. If only it is after I finish my revenge."



Word Count: 1554
© Copyright 2009 Demon Child (mouton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562206-Trickster-In-The-Dark