*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563174-Dark-Sands
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1563174
Sunburn is the least of your troubles.
I stumbled along the shoreline. Blood trickled around my leg, sticky; messy. Who knew I had it in me? Who knew I could kill my best friend? It was just so easy, so easy. Took the knife and sliced her thin throat. It was just so easy, too easy. She screamed when I did it. It was so loud, so loud. The blood gurgled her words. It was so sticky, so sticky. Her body slumped to the ground.

God! She's dead! I fell to my knees and sobbed. She's really dead. Her body slumped. It fell so hard. She's dead. Oh no! I killed her! The knife, the blood, I... No, I couldn't have. Why would I? No, this... No. I didn't kill her. She slipped. She slipped. I didn't slice her throat. She was a klutz and... Oh! I killed her. I did it!

"Alexa!" I screamed through tears.

"Sally, Sally darling," her voice cried softly.

I stumbled to the ground as I looked around.

"Where are you? What are you? Alexa," I sobbed.

"Sally darling, why? Why did you kill me?"

"This isn't happening!" I screamed.

"Why did you do it?" The voice lamented.

I jumped to my feet and ran, wadding through the ocean. "Please leave me alone." I cried. "I didn't mean to."

I tried to run. The voice followed me, lamenting and crying. It demanded answers. I screamed and sobbed. Running away, I couldn't see anymore. I fell to the ground and sobbed.



"I told you not to put an Asylum close to the ocean. Always told you the schizophrenic patients would drown themselves. I just never knew it was possible in the sand."

Word Count: 274
© Copyright 2009 Demon Child (mouton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1563174-Dark-Sands