*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562339-Im-watching-you
by Jonnie
Rated: E · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1562339
Short story about a creepy observer.
You can feel it, that chilling tingle in your back, the sensation that you are not alone. I’m watching you. I’m a master at this sport, you’ll never see me but you’re sure I’m there, somewhere.



Sometimes, I’ll watch you from afar; through a window or from a tree. Other times, I’ll be right next to you without you ever knowing, my heart pounding and my breathing heavy in excitement. Maybe I’ll move my foot slightly, just enough to make you think you heard something and you’ll twist around but see nothing.



Sometimes I’ll run past you before you have chance to turn and look, other times I’ll sit quietly and wait, listening for your footsteps. Your frustrations cause my heart to sing and a grin spreads across my face. I love to follow you, get as close as I possibly can without you knowing.



Today I’m in your kitchen, hidden by the tablecloth. I hear you bang the cupboards, convinced of my presence. But then I hear you walk out and close the door. I smile and crawl out from my hiding space to follow behind you slowly, to taunt you, tease you. But you’re stood there, with a smile upon your face, watching me. I stutter in disbelief as you shout “FOUND YOU!”.



I close my eyes and count to 20.. ready or not, here I come!
© Copyright 2009 Jonnie (jonathan_alt42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562339-Im-watching-you