*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562677-I-didnt-mean-to-hurt-anyone
by Jonnie
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1562677
A killer struggles with his urges.
I’ve had the urges for as long as I can remember. I try to ignore them, try to distract myself by reading a book or cycling, but it was no use. I always succumbed to that voice in my head, the voice that tempted me, whispered of the satisfaction I would find. I didn’t like to hurt anyone, but the voice demanded it, insisted I kill to satisfy its thirst.



The rain was beating hard on the windows and wind whistled past the house. I was lying in bed, staring at the blackness, unable to sleep with that voice in my head and struggling to push those dark thoughts from my mind. I was desperate not to obey its commands, not to commit the horrific acts it demanded. I had always thought of myself as a good person, apart from those few dark moments. I was on the edge of sleep when a passing car caused me to jolt awake. It was no longer any use fighting it, I had to give in. I pulled on a dark pair of jeans and hooded sweatshirt with a leather jacket on top and headed outdoors.



The rain was cool and refreshing on my face. The streets were totally silent as I made my way to my favourite midnight hunting ground, the 24 hour Tesco Express.



***



I was at that place again; the voice that was trying to tempt me before now had complete control. The lights were off, but my victim’s face was lit up in a slither of orange street light that shone between the curtains. He was unable to speak but I could feel his eyes burning at me in fear, and I thrived upon that fear.



I withdrew a large knife from the kit stretched out across the table, my spine tingled in excitement as I heard the metal slide across the fabric. The blade glinted in the light as I drew it slowly, gently across his face. My heart pounded inside my chest and I felt so exhilarated, I knew what was coming next.



With quick and precise movements I drew the blade across his head, severing it from his body. I stared in awe at the dramatic scene before me, it seemed beautiful, so violent, but.. tasty. I picked up his head and popped it in my mouth.



I love jelly babies.
© Copyright 2009 Jonnie (jonathan_alt42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562677-I-didnt-mean-to-hurt-anyone