*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562546-Untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Shiro
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1562546
My first short story. it may be the first of my collection of short stories.
Waking up in the morning is a really hard task especially when your mind still wants to sleep and your body doesn’t want to move. I think everybody knows this feeling. This always happens to me because I’m a student and I need to go to school. Sigh~ a life of a student is exhausting. I wonder if this life of mine will change somehow. I wish it will.

“John! wake up now, you’re going to be late for school!” this shout was from my mom downstairs. She was telling me to wake up to go to school.

“OK! I’m getting ready now” I replied to her shouting. By the way my name is John, a 16 year old high school student and this is going to be my last year in secondary school after taking my exams. At last! I’m going to be a college student.

“Mom! I’m going now… I’m not going to eat breakfast, I’ll just buy bread at school” I said to my mom after I finished preparing because if I eat breakfast I’m going to be really late for school.

I started to go outside of my house and head towards my school. The school I go too is just a few minutes away from my house that’s why I always wake up late in the morning because I can just run if I’m really late. The weather is cold again today but it’s natural because winter is nearly here.

While I was on my way to school I saw a girl on the park near my house. She was pretty cute, she has long straight black hair that really suits her and I noticed that she is wearing the same uniform as the girls on our school. In other words she is from my school but I’ve never seen any girls as cute as her before or maybe I just didn’t notice her. She was just standing there looking at the tree and her face looks sad. I approached her slowly and asked.

“Hey! What are you doing? You’re going to be late you know.” She flinched a little and turned her head around. She stared at me, it seems like she didn’t notice me and was surprised.

“…..” She didn’t answer my question. She looked at me silently and I stared back at her. She really is cute but that’s not the point right now. Why is she staring at the tree sadly or rather we’re going to be late if we don’t move from here. Since she didn’t answer my question, I asked another one.

“We’re gonna be late if we don’t go now” I said to her then I asked her “So… uh… are you going to school or not?”

She replied to me “Yes, I’m going”. When I heard her voice, I had the feeling wanting to protect her or just that it makes me happy hearing her voice. It’s like a voice coming from heaven. It’s a metaphor so don’t believe what I just said but it’s nice to hear her speak. That’s what I feel so don’t complain.

“Let’s go then” I replied to her then I started to walk and she followed me. We started to head towards school and while we were walking she asked me.

“Do you live in this town? Do you like it?” she was looking at me and I nodded and said

“I’ve been in this town for 16 years now and I kind of like it”

She replied back to me “you know I like this town too, I really like it…” she smiled but then it faded from her face, then she continued “…but nothing can stay the same forever, everything fun and exciting here can’t stay the same. If that happens will you still like this place?”

I can’t find a perfect answer to her question but I still tried to answer it “well, we can’t stop ‘change’ because it’s always happening…” I smiled at her and continued “…if this place changes then you just have to find something new right? Something new that’s fun or exciting”

After my reply to her question we arrived at the school gates where there’s students going in for their classes. I said to her “ok then, maybe I’ll just see you around” I looked at her and smiled.

She smiled back and replied “thanks for talking to me” then she hurried off to the opposite direction of where I’m going. That means she’s on the opposite building of the school and she’s a year younger than me. Maybe that’s why I don’t see her at school.

I forgot to ask her name that time and was wondering about it the whole day in class. Why was she standing in front of that tree looking sad? And why did she ask me that question? These are some of the things I was thinking even after the lessons have finished. Maybe if I meet her again tomorrow I’ll ask her.
© Copyright 2009 Shiro (akosi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562546-Untitled