*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562929-Welcome-to-My-Addiction-part-2
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Personal · #1562929
a series about what happened when a soccer mom started smoking crack
I am not proud to admit that I was a mother of 4 the first time I tried smoking crack.  I was 29 years old, had a good job, house, several vehicles, and my bills were paid.  I was divorced from the father of my oldest two children and married to the father of the youngest two.  He had been smoking it for a year.  I had no idea.  I knew something was wrong with our marriage, but would have never guessed that.  I thought he just had "issues".  He brought it home one night and said "let's try it together.  Just to see what all the fuss is about.  We don't have to ever do it again." And my personal favorite- "It will bring us closer together."  At first I was livid. I asked him how dare he bring that in my home where my children were?  If I only knew what the future had in store and the things that I would do "where my children were".  I finally gave in.  I drank but was not an alcoholic.  I smoked cigarettes in high school, never stuck with it.  How bad could it be.  Right?  Alcoholics and weak people who smoked cigarettes.  Those are the kind of people that became crackheads, not someone like me.  So I tried it.  What's the big deal.  I was not even impressed.  Had no clue what all the fuss was about, I could take it or leave it, so it was harmless.  My husband would be happy if I paid for some on the weekends, and he always controlled how I smoked it.  I knew the people that lived next door and knew that's where he was getting it.  One night after about 8 weeks of this, he sent me next door to get it.  While I was over there, one of the smokers started talking to me.  He said "I'll bet you've never even had a real hit."  I responded "What are you talking about.  I've been smokng this for 8 weeks now."  He put a hit into his pipe and said "let me show you what you've been missing."  He controlled the flame and told me how to inhale.  That was the moment my life changed forever.  I never experienced that kind of feeling.  It wasn't long after that I started to realize "Hey, I can just call the dealer myself and smoke some all alone.  How cool is that?"  I would get home from work early and stop on my way home.  It wasn't cutting into anything important like food or bill money, so what could it hurt.  Before too long it was daily.  Then it started to cut into some things, like food and bill money.  That's when the real trouble started, and it was just the very beginning.
.
This will be a series. I will write about 2-3 times a week.  I hope it helps anyone that may be struggling with themselves or a loved one.

© Copyright 2009 Lauracat (lauracat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1562929-Welcome-to-My-Addiction-part-2