*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564108-Wheelers-Road-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1564108
A continuation of Wheeler's Road Chapter 4
Wheeler’s Road Chapter 5

I opened my eyes when the gonging bell got louder and louder.

I was able to muster up the energy and opine, “Shut up Alice…”

Alice said “Right.”

I brushed the sleep out of my eyes and brushed my teeth. It was 11:00 in the morning. I had been asleep for the better part of five hours. Pulling my hooded sweatshirt on, I climbed through to the front of the cab. Megan was reading a book that Alice had thoughtfully printed off for her.

"Good Morning," she said.

"Back at you," I delivered.

"Alice is really something."

"So she tells me."

She and I had a long talk about you, the state of the nation, my husband and kids and chicken recipes.

Well, I do not really know how much I would depend on her advice for husbands and chickens. “She doesnt cook and as far as I know, she has never been married.” I added thoughtfully, "She did have a crush on a laptop one time.”

Well, she is real high on you.

I have that effect on machines. Was stalked by a vacaum cleaner once.....

You’re kidding.

I really couldn't see any other end to my wit. Yup…

How do you feel? I asked.

A Little better. Alice has been feeding me or at least telling me where I can find what to eat. Chicken soup has done wonders and this Gatorade stuff is fantastic. Somebody really needs to bottle it up and sell it.

Megan, Gatorade has been out for 30 years or so.

Really?

Yes. Named after the Florida Football team. One of their trainers and chemists invented it.Used to be a lot better than it is now.

Finally there was a thoughtful silence in this witty reporte.

Megan, Time for a question or two.

She thought about it for a moment, "Go ahead. I will answer them if I can."

"Where is Johnny while all this is going on?"

My husband took off three weeks ago to “find Himself.” Last I heard from him he was in Cancun or Cabo or one of those places in Mexico. Asked the maid to send him his tennis racquet..

He doesn’t see his kids? Or wonder about his wife? I thought you were the "quintesential Hollywood couple."

He hasn’t seen me or them for several months and don't believe everything you hear. John Daniels feels that our marriage cuts down on his options and that he is not ready to be tied down to a commitment.His words by the way; not mine. Mine would be a lot stronger. John is just a kid in a grown ups body. He loves being the big Hollywood star, being married to "America's sweetheart" and having all the attention and absolutely loves having all the money.

"He's an idiot" I opined.

Pretty much the same conclusion that I have come to, she agreed.

Anyone else you have seen on a regular basis. I mean in your household. Staff, maids, etc. Anyone who would want to do you bodily harm or anyone who might profit from you being dead?

I can't think of anyone who would welcome me being dead. There is a very large life insurance policy that goes to the kids and to John if something happens to me but I can't immagine John being that devious. As for the help, April the Nanny for the kids, there is my maid, Hattie, a chauffeur, Mark, and a gardner who comes twice a week. I think that there is a pool guy but I have never seen him. I gave these guys the rest of the month off with pay and left. Hattie got me the rental car after taking a taxi down there.

What no body guards??

We have some company that we hire part time for screenings, openings and the like. John got really POd the last time we used them because they slammed him upside the wall when they didn't recognize him.

Really? tee hee. I thought I had said the last part under my breath but evidently not.

Kind of what I thought. Evidently they can't tell the real ass-holes from the would be ass-holes without an ID.

Well the lawsuits that you filed against the expose rags that speculated about trouble in paradise had a lot to do with it.












© Copyright 2009 delta44 (delta44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564108-Wheelers-Road-Chapter-5