*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565826-Do-Miracles-Actually-Happen
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1565826
IF you believe in the power of miracles and the power of now, read on....
Miracles don’t happen, they already exist. They have always existed; in the past, present and will continue to exist in the future. I have discussed this with philosophers, scholars, therapists in alternative healing and scientists alike and they hold the same view, albeit put in words that may seem like mumbo jumbo to some and Greek to others. Basically the underlying fact echoed is the same - that miracles don’t ‘happen’, they already ‘exist’.

So why then do so many people believe that a particular miracle ‘happened’? Before I answer this, it’s important to understand what we term as ‘miracles’.

Miracles are either
a) Manifestations of things we hope will happen (sometimes against hope!) or
b) Things we thought would never happen.
When either a) or b) actually happen, we term these occurrences as ‘miracles’.

Here are some examples:
          A man of African-American origin being President of America.
          A plane landing in water and all passengers and crew on board surviving.

If you were to, a decade ago, mention that these events would happen, almost the entire world would have said it’s impossible. When it happened many termed it as a miracle. Miracles don’t happen, they are already in existence; millions of ‘miracles’ are happening (manifesting) right now and millions of ‘miracles’ are waiting to happen (manifest themselves).

Barack Obama’s victory was meant to happen – he slogged his butt off for years in preparation for what came his way. Richly deserved!! All the passengers on the plane survived because the pilot was trained to land in water, which he did with perfection and the crew and assistance that was provided to ensure that each passenger survived, executed their roles to perfection.

You see, these aren’t miracles because we aren’t clairvoyant. Or we have not yet noticed them (had similar experiences). Or we do not expect them to occur because we lack in hope. Or simply because we do not believe that it is possible given the depth of our limited human comprehension. When they do happen, we term these events as ‘miracles’.

In conclusion, please don’t forget to notice the other miracles that exist all around you; the fact that you were saved from drowning recently, the blooming of a flower, the gift of your spouse and children, the recovery from a near-fatal accident, the fact that you are no longer dependent on any substance – alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, the rising of the sun, the sweet caress of the wind against your cheeks, the fact that your pet loves you unconditionally, you meeting your soul mate, that you didn’t go ahead with the urge to commit suicide, the grades that you secured in school, the smile of your baby and  more importantly, the fact that you’ve begun to love yourself more.

God bless

ivan (ivanrodrigues777@yahoo.com)
© Copyright 2009 PlanetHeaven (ivanrodrigues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565826-Do-Miracles-Actually-Happen