*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565978-The-Doctors-Tale
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Nonsense · #1565978
A small silly tale about a girl at the doctor. It's complete fantasy of course
When I went to the doctors for a check up because I was having problems with coughing every once in a while.

The doctor wanted to take an x-ray of my chest to see if there was something wrong.

After the awkward x-ray, the doctor came in with a worried expression on his face.

"Elizabeth," he said, "your lungs seem fine, but we found something highly disturbing."

I started staring into the distance as my mind came up with what could possibly be wrong,  I was so scared.

He continued, "Although we found nothing wrong with your lungs, we can't seem to find your heart."

Relief suddenly flooded my face.

I smiled, as my cheeks turned a pretty pink, rose color and I looked down at my knees.

He looked at me curiously, wondering the reason for my reaction.

I glanced up at him, to explain.

"I left my heart with my boyfriend, when I had to leave for a while.

Anthony will take care of it while I'm gone and I'll get it back the moment we're together, I promise.

He's my life and I can't live without him."

The doctor smiled back at me.

No matter how curious my actions, people can always spot true love.

Especially one as strong as ours.
© Copyright 2009 Elizabeth Sexton (esexton29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565978-The-Doctors-Tale