*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565981-Under-the-Full-Moon-prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1565981
This is the prologue for my current story.
         The two girls danced among the trees in the city park. The light reflecting off their sparkling hair. Their blonde curls bouncing all around them. They floated, never seeming to touch the grass as they twirled. Their childlike faces identical. Their beautiful bright blue eyes shining in gleaming excitement. The one lone streetlamp in the middle of city park couldn‘t compare with the light they cast off. Their light pastel wings fluttering slightly, keeping them hovering. They dispelled a scent of sickly sweet vanilla, attracting a ring of boys gathering around them. Fey of all different types. Some covered in vines with sprouting leaves and others walking on all fours with dark shaggy fur. A few resembling the unaware humans that were obliviously walking around them. The dark engulfing the guys within the void of light always apparent with the girls around. None dared approached the glistening princesses.
         They touched fingers. It was their sign. Their secret. They moved around the outside of the circle, each taking a boy for themselves. Each fey lingering towards them in desire, but holding back out of a natural sense of fear the girls emitted upon each one. Zinnia choosing one known as Seth, and Asica luring in Leo, a human looking fey. His sandy blonde curls and baby blue eyes would be the envy of any surfer. Seth, on the other hand, emanated darkness. His jet black hair waving slightly framing the deep skin of his face. His dark eyes lifeless, and His body riddled with art. His control over his emotions was far greater than Leo. He wasn’t as susceptible to the twins intoxicating glimmer.
         Asica took Leo up in the air, to a rooftop far off. His blood pounded through his veins calling her to him. She moved in to kiss him. Her wings began to flutter, sending wind all around them. She gripped him tighter and began sucking the life from his body. He began to fidget, but couldn’t escape her strong grasp. It only excited her more. Once his body went limp, she left him. Soaring through the air to Zinnia’s rooftop.
         Tears streamed down her face as she saw her sisters body lying perfectly still surrounded by her own blood. Seth laid a ways off drained completely of life. Asica rushed towards her, holding her close. No one could have done this. No one has ever beat the twin’s spell. Asica took out a small knife, vowing revenge into the heavens.
         Gabriel lay in the shadows where he hid the best. Only his green eyes glairing at her. Waiting. Waiting to take his own revenge on the girls who murdered his naïve brother and other countless family members in the last war. He may not have enough fey under his control to declare war now, but he didn’t need them. He was going to take the royal family out one by one, all on his own.
© Copyright 2009 Elizabeth Sexton (esexton29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565981-Under-the-Full-Moon-prologue