*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567208-On-my-desk
by Akira
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1567208
Short piece about the various objects found on my desk
There’s a multitude of objects lying on, surrounding, suffocating my desk. What was once a bare object is now completely covered, so you can hardly see any of the wood beneath. The desk itself has a bookshelf, a rack for CD’s, a cupboard and another working area which slides out. To the left sits my laptop and two writing books. Behind is a red tin with Mario on the top, an orange stress ball that says ‘positive minds attract.’ Above on my wall, is a study planner with stickers depicting due dates and highlighted weeks of when I go out on my teaching prac. To the right is a textbook, course information books for two of my subjects; ‘Development and Learning 2’ and ‘English Curriculum for the Early and Primary Years 1’. Just behind this sits a small Yoshi figurine, orange, white and green sticky notes, a bouncy ball and some stray batteries. On top of the sticky notes rests my old mobile phone, which I can’t bare to part with just yet as it still has messages from Chris on it. Backwards from these are my few CD’s and DVD’s. Above this is my modest book collection, which varies from uni-related things, fiction novels, an address book and three student cookbooks. Right next to my books is the jewellery that won’t fit into my jewellery box. There are two bracelets, one made from plain blue beads, silver beads and pink flower beads, the other black plastic with metallic sections on each and silver crosses and hearts dangling from some of them. There is also a necklace made mostly from wire, with black beads. Lastly, there’s a pair of earrings that as of yet haven’t been worn that Mum gave me because she didn’t like them. They are a bronze colour with yellow and purple beads attached, quite gypsy-like. Below from these is a large assortment of “girly things”, including cocoa and coconut hand cream, a various range of perfumes, a cupcake bath bomb, lip glosses and a candle. Surrounding these is a significant bottle of water from Martin’s Bend, a homemade letter opener and a butterfly belly button ring. Close to these lies some acrylic paint, an eraser and pencils and paintbrushes which are splayed everywhere. On top of the desk, moving from left to right, are three tiny purple candles, which are lined up diagonally, which were given to me by my housemate, Sandra. Picture the wax of a candle poured into shot glasses, the purple gradually fades to white. Next are two stuffed toys, the first one a zebra, and the second a giraffe. These were given to me by my sister, Sarah when she went away on a school trip. To the right of these are more of the same candles, excepting that these ones are orange. A picture frame follows, with a photo of my Year 12 prom in it. I am wearing a bright pink dress and Chris is wearing a black pin-stripe suit. Both of us are smiling widely. Following is a small statue of two tigers. My jewellery chest, which was a 17th Birthday present from Athena is next. Lastly, a small statue of a dolphin, the first gift Chris ever gave me.
© Copyright 2009 Akira (kat_132 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567208-On-my-desk