*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567236-The-God-Gene
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1567236
Man's search for perfect health and physical supremacy ultimately seals his demise.
Max had been virtually a hermit for the last 20 years, totally consumed by his work. He had no social life and indeed had no desire to form any relationships. He was married to his work and she was a demanding bride. Genius, a word that had been attached to him all his life. A word used by people of little intelligence to label what they didn't understand. Does a genius ever consider himself so, Max didn't, he just had a desire to acheive his vision and no IQ score no matter how high would console him if he failed. Great intelligence does not make a great man or great acheivement, Max knew this and applied himself to his work with an almost destructive passion.

The secrets of the human genome had been slowly revealing themselves to him, the peices of the puzzle had been identified and laid out and Max had been methodically putting them together. Billions of peices with billions of combinations, a seemingly impossible task and one he revelled in. He had the most powerful supercomputers in the world crunching the numbers and a team of the most brilliant scientists working under him. He was the Conductor and it was up to him to orchestrate all these resources to acheive the holy grail of genetics, to find the God Gene and the key to immortality.
© Copyright 2009 waldragon (waldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1567236-The-God-Gene