*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568675-Letter-To-The-Lost
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1568675
A letter to a loss in life
Letter To The Lost.


The years go by so fast, not like when we were young.
Remember all the things you wished for? I hope you were given more than you deserved.
Because sitting here now, i can't shake off all the things I never told you,
How you made me feel that day when i knew that forever wasn't going to be long enough...it was never long enough.
I still remember what you said to me, its hard to forget when you hear it once,
but It's the last time that stays with you.

I've met a variety of people and I've traveled to many places. I want you to see what I've seen, know who i have known.
I know you would appreciate the time spent learning and trying new things.
You always were so curious, yet stubborn. I loved that about you. I still remember watching you walk on the beach.
It's hard to forget when you see it once, but its the last time that stays with you.

Times were hard, but for a time they weren't so hard.. I always knew I had your letter waiting in the mail or a midnight conversation at the end of the day.
I would think of what to tell you, how to try and explain how you made me feel, but I never really could. I would call, you would answer, and the rest Is history.
I wish I sang for you that time you asked me to. I guess i was stubborn myself. I still remember how you made me feel so fortunate to know you.
It's hard to forget when you feel it once, but it's the last time that stays with you.

The years go by so fast, not like when we were young.
I remember all the things you wished for, I hope you were given more than you deserved.
Cause standing here now, i can't shake off all the things i never told you,
How you made me feel that day when i knew that forever wasn't going be long enough...It was never long enough.
I'll remember what you said to me, Its hard to forget when you hear it once,
but It's the last time that stays with you.
© Copyright 2009 Asher Lochlann (asherlochlann at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568675-Letter-To-The-Lost