*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568693-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1568693
A dream that has a life of its own.
1.1 Case of death



Do u still remember the soft breeze, the rolling waves and the salty taste of the sea in your hands when you dipped them in the sea? How long has it been, Drac? When I first saw you, you were my knight. But you were not meant to be. You faded away in the wind. Never to come back again. That was 300 years ago. It is now 3049 and I am a 300 years old dream.

My name is Vel. I am but a dream. Yet I am real to those who believe in me. I come to them in their night slumber, never in their short naps. They seek peace and health, yet I cannot fulfil their wants. This is about a human girl. A person who surprises me not because of her heritage but because of her revelation in wisdom.

Zex is her name and by birth, she is a noble man’s daughter. Her mother is dead, murdered by the man’s relatives, they seek the mother’s wealth. By will, the wealth belongs to Zex. She lived not in splendour but in modest quarters. In her way, she managed to summon me, which was not possible from a mere human.

“ Who are you?” , she had asked. A dream, I had answered her. She was calm at the reply. Her comment next struck me hard. “ Then why do I feel your loneliness?” I was taken aback. Immediately I escaped from her quarters and made my way to the top of the highest tower. She let me go.

I found myself longing for this human who could feel me. A dream I may be but she had felt me. I went to her quarters a week after that, just to see how she has been.

Her human body was in bed. I went to her and peered. Opening her eyes, she knew I was there. “ You came…thank you…I wanted to ask a favour of you but you went away.” I nodded my head, signalling that I am willing to help her. Smiling, she muttered a request.

A young man stood by the window, peering out into the green trees. At long last, he retreated to his bed and I went into his dream.

“ Zex is ill, her life is short tonight. Go to her now or you will never see her again.”

The young man woke up with such force, I was flung out from his dream. As he ran to Zex’s quarters, I could feel Zex’s life force fading away. Will he be in time for her or will she never see him again?

The door burst opened. Zex’s eyes were shut. The young man made it to her bedside and took her hands in his. Silently, I watched as Zex’s eyes softly opened and a weak smile came to her lips. “ I was so afraid of not being able to see you before I go.” The young man silenced her and shook his head. “ I have been a fool all those years. I made myself believe in lies and cast you aside, far from my life. But the fear of losing you is real and I cannot face it. Dear Zex, my love, don’t go.”

I felt bitter as he pronounce his love. His is a false love. I felt it in his heart when I became his dream. Staring at Zex, I hoped she would die now than hear more lies from this man. Zex read me and slowly, she began nodding off. Her life force ebbed away, bit by bit. The man shook her, softly at first and rougher when he realised she was dying. “ Zex!!”

Let her go, unworthy human.

The man let go and swung around. I stood at the door and stared merciless at him.

There will not be a will. Her wealth shall go to charity, as she had hoped for. As much as she had loved you, you never repay her. You will be cursed, you will die a horrible death for the unkind human you are.

Bending on his knees, he was paralyzed. My job done, I left Zex’s former quarters and went in search of humans, whose dream I could enter. What I intend to do then is for me to decide and you to wonder.

© Copyright 2009 Ana2110 (ana2110 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1568693-Dream