*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569291-Do-Us-Part
Rated: ASR · Other · Drama · #1569291
A dialogue-only glimpse at an ending marriage.
“I slept with Michael.”

“You… slept with Michael.”

“Stop repeating what I’m saying, David!  Get angry with me!  Throw something! Hit me, dammit!”

“I’m not going to hit you, Tara.”

“Then yell at me – scream at me, David!  Anything!!!”

“Please… don’t… don’t touch me.  Not right now.”

“I can’t do it anymore, David.  I’m not good enough for you.  I’m constantly having to watch myself, watch what I do, where I go, what I say and to whom… I can’t live like this, David.  I make mistakes.  Not everyone can be perfect like you.”

“I’m not perfect, Tara.”

“You say that, but you’re royalty to them, David.  They look up to you – you can do no wrong.  Everything I do tarnishes your name and you don’t deserve that.  I can’t keep up with you, don’t you get it?”

“So… so sleeping with Michael makes this better?”

“David, I… I want a divorce.  This is the last time I’ll do anything to ruin your life.”

“Tara, I love you.”

“But I don’t love you, David.  That’s the difference.  I can’t take all this public scrutiny.”

“The hell with what they think, Tara.  Please…  you slept with Michael.  Okay, you made a mistake.  Please, don’t… don’t do this.  We can work this out.”

“You should be the one angry at me.  You should be the one demanding a divorce.  But you sit there and you say that we can work this out?  No, David.  We can’t work this out.  I’m leaving.”

“Don’t leave me, Tara!”

“That’s it, David.  Scream at me!”

“We will work this out!”

“Face it, David.  Our marriage… it’s over.  There’s nothing left to work with.  I’m sorry.”

“Don’t walk out that door, Tara!  Don’t leave me!”


Written for:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1560946 by Not Available.
© Copyright 2009 a. waits (aveli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569291-Do-Us-Part