*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570291-Dinner-with-Francis-Ford-Coppola
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1570291
This is a short story about a man who meets Francis Ford Coppola for the first time.
Dinner with Francis Ford Coppola

    Tonight I am going to have the privilege of dining with the most famous man on Earth, Francis Ford Coppola.  We will be dining with the “Saint of Cinema” this evening at a famous restaurant in Houston.  Francis Ford Coppola is best known for his movie direction, including films like, The Godfather, Dracula, and Apocalypse Now.  He has been in Houston all week.

    When I got word of his being here, I was overwhelmed with gladness.  For years I have watched his movies.  My favorite film of his is, Tetro, his latest.  Tetro is about a family in South America.  I am sure that everyone eating dinner with him tonight has or plans on seeing it.

    At seven o’clock, I will be leaving my house to visit with Mr. Coppola.  I haven’t ever met him before, but I am looking forward to introducing myself.

*

    After the dinner party I attended, I am happy that I have now met, and shaken hands with Mr. Francis Ford Coppola.  It was a pleasure dining with him, and I hope I will have the opportunity again, at least once more in my lifetime.  He was a polite man, and he welcomed me to sit down with him for a few minutes when we were through eating dinner.  Mr. Coppola enjoyed a cup of coffee at his table, and I offered to sit down with him.  The two of us enjoyed our coffees together, and ate desert at his table.

    Having now met Francis Ford Coppola, I feel that I belong to an elite crowd of people.  One of society’s finest, if you will.  There is a certain manner of distinct social value in having met him, that one gets from meeting Mr. Coppola, even Francis Ford Coppola guards this himself.  I am happy to be a member of this community that I have allowed myself to become a part of.  Having met and seeing Francis Ford Coppola in person, was a stimulating experience that was second to none.  Spending an evening with “the most famous man on Earth” was an endearing moment.

© Copyright 2009 ryanski1 (ryanski1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570291-Dinner-with-Francis-Ford-Coppola