*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570724-Enchantment
by Faye
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Emotional · #1570724
What nature does.
There has to be more to life than this right?
More than endless barriers, restrained identities and wounding relationships?
Of course there is, but then you already knew that.

You dream of fleeing this torment.
You dream of breaking out, running, flying to the edge of land. Where no man watches, approaches or betrays. Where all you are is all you feel... and all you feel is that forgotten enchantment.

The power of the wind stripping your body, pushing, lifting your very soul from its core, then the rain gushing, streaming, fleeing the clouds, soaking through your skin till it numbs your small bones, and the sea, writhing, waves soaring, roaring in solitude, shaking your eardrums till it rattles your brain.
Where your heart pounds to the chorus - alive, alive, I feel alive.
And you cry out...


But there's no one to hear you.

No one can feel what you feel. No one can clutch your hand, tickle your neck with their breath, sear your nostrils with their scent.
Because you've abandoned yourself in this place where your life might as well end, for no one can reach you.
The nature of the wind and the sea and the rain is overpowering the nature of your race; your brothers and sisters; the human race.

Then the darkness of the night takes over and your senses become nothing but black.
Could you be falling?
                                    Further and further
                                                                  down?



You're brought down to earth  with a jolt, and you wake. The enchantment has lifted, and you're back. The wind is but a slight rustle in your hair. Even better, there is a warmth in your heart... you have a yearning for others.
You want back the nature of voices, minds and hearts. You need to be loved, not enchanted. You need the human race...

                                                            and here, they can reach you.

© Copyright 2009 Faye (rising at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570724-Enchantment