*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572346-The-Horrors-Of-War
by BJS
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1572346
a brief skirmish between G.O.S.T. and the Republic of Abalon 4
The Horrors Of War

Fixer Sev sat in the gunners seat of the G.O.S.T. tank. They had been approaching the town of Slovak on the world of Abalon 4 and where about to attack the town. He hit the controls and raised the mark 7 energy cannon,it fired 1,500 pound energy shells. “okay Fix fire away!” the fire chief called up to him. Fix aimed the gun at the nearest town then took a few seconds to let the family get out...he hoped....then fired the shell and blew the building into an inferno. Troops,tanks,and soldiers ran into the town and began 'cleansing' the town. Fix switched to a coaxial machine gun and fired in a straight line melting the man in half as his laser rounds went threw him. Fix closed his eyes as the death continued...this truly was the Horror of war.

Captain Richard Lym sat at base camp as they continued the war with the gosts,the gosts where a terrorist group that had been trying to over run the world of abalon 4. Now they where getting into there vehicles. He hopped into the top of his tank as they drove threw the ruined town. Half way in a plasma shell hit the transport next to him. Troops pilled out and tanks fired down the street as G.O.S.T. Troops poured in and shells and rockets hit around the bloody battle ground.

Fixer's tank busted threw a house and into a street that was full of fighting. He aimed and fired at the Republic soldiers and killed three. He aimed and fired again and blew a tank apart as he cut more soldiers down with the machine gun.

Rich saw the G.O.S.T. Tank break threw the house and tare apart the house. He saw it take out the tank next to him. And he saw it aim at him as he leveled his gun at the enemy tank.

Fixer aimed his barrel at the Republic tank and pulled the trigger.

Rich saw the flash of plasma as he fired and sent his round out.

Fixer saw the blast blow apart the lower part of the tank. He saw the round go in his barrel and closed his eyes as fire covered him and the tank exploded in a fire ball.

Rich felt blood drip off his face as someone pulled him out of the ruined tank. The battle was over and the G.O.S.T. Forces had been defeated. Peace talks where taking place. His tank was hit in the drivers area and had missed him by 5 feet. He had 3rd degree burns all over his body and several broken bones.
© Copyright 2009 BJS (james8000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1572346-The-Horrors-Of-War