*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573669-Chapter-5-and-6
by Amica
Rated: E · Chapter · Entertainment · #1573669
Ch 5 - Fresh Meat Ch 6 - Update
Chapter 5
It's 6:00 am. First day of school. I woke up and hit my blaring alarm. Tried to go back to sleep but I noticed the piece of paper that I tried to sleep off. It was wrinkled and laying beside my alarm clock. I noticed his number and the beautiful yet simple sketch of me. I was glad that I the initials weren't showing for that would have totally consumed up my train of thought. I didn't get out of bed until it was 6:15. I didn't want to get up and have more freaky encounters like I did yesterday. It was a good thing I didn't dream of anything. I dreamt of total darkness if you want to put it that way. Or maybe I just didn't remember anything once my eyes opened up. I finally got off my bed and headed for the bathroom while Adam was already dressing up. He gets up once his alarm rings, so it's a good thing were not exactly the same in everything besides our genetic features.

We made it just in time for school. Mostly my fault for I was secretly stalling as much as I can. I didn't like the experience of being a new kid in a new school. Being gawked at by judgmental eyes and bitter whispers coming in on both sides. Worse that I'm a twin. Adam and I were like the freaks in the school. Just by looking around we noticed that the population of twins in the school was 5%. But being the new set of twins, we were fresh meat in the shark-filled ocean known as high school. It was a good that Adam had almost all the same classes that I had. We had Homeroom, Math, Biology, English, and PE with me. However,we aren't together for our last class. He had Psychology and I had my Art.

We managed pretty well with the schedule and the school map, and through teamwork we didn't really have much trouble not looking like we were completely lost. We sat at lunch together on a table near the trashcans. I'm guessing this is where newbies start off. Then eventually, when were 'normal' status in the high school social chart, we would sit somewhere in the middle of the cafeteria. We made a few friends from where we sat. Across us was a very colorful girl named Johanna Paster. She was wearing a black top and a very colorful tutu. She didn't seem to notice everyone around snickering. Like what she was wearing was very normal. I thought it was very daring of her to wear something like that on the first day of school. I asked her why she was wearing a tutu and her answer was that the first day of school is where you want to show to people who you will be for the rest of the school year. I just nodded but I did not get her explanation at all. Then there was this guy who sat beside her. His name was Benjee Shroud. I learned that he was a very OCD type of guy. I know this because I accidentally knocked over my brothers juice box and he bolted right back into the cafeteria getting napkins and soaking up all the juice that spilled. He kept at it until the area where the spill happened didn't smell like grape anymore. Besides his OCD, he's a very smart guy. Him and Adam found a common interest in robotics.

The bell rang and it was time to head for the last subject. Art. It was something I looked forward to because I like art. I wasn't that good, but that's what the class is for right? My teacher was Mr. Hurley. He was a good looking mid 30's art teacher. He had a clean shirt on, at least for today. We didn't get into messy art right away. The first day of art class was a basic intro and just a lot of babbling about the school and the things were going to be learning about. I knew Mr. Hurley was going to be a fun teacher to have for he seemed like those teachers fresh out of getting some sort of teachers permit or something like that. How would I know what its called. Anyways, Mr. Hurley made us take out our sketchbooks and sketch out what art meant to us. I was thinking of Miguel and his art when the question popped into my mind. So, I drew out this simple sketch of a road and just chaos around it, but at the end of the road was light and love, inspiration and emotions. I had to give some explanation, but I don't really think it connected to my sketch. Mr. Hurley seemed to've understood it and surprisingly like it. Besides that I couldn't concentrate too much on what I was drawing. I had this feeling that something was wrong. You know how twins can sense when each others trouble. I had that sort of feeling. I tried to put it aside, at least until the last school bell rang.

RING!!! I hurried to put my sketchbook back in my bag and dashed out of the class. Of course smiled on the way out as so not to make Mr. Hurley think I didn't like my first day in his class. I went to the front of the school where Adam and I were suppose to meet. That's when I knew what the bad twin feeling was. There were a bunch of people crowded in the front and cheering FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. I pushed in to see who it was and to no surprise it was Adam. He was being pushed around by a bunch of petty bullies. Adam was never much of a fighter, but he was a very verbal person. Which I'm sure made him get caught up in the situation. I tried to squeeze in and talk to them. Bad idea. The more they made fun of us. One of the guys insulted me and my brother saying that I'm the stronger one and that I'm the brother of the twin freakness. Adam hates it when people mess with me. He always seemed to have the big brother mode on when I'm around. So when that jerk made fun of me and sorta him. Adam punched him. Another bad idea. After the first punch, fists started flying from every direction. I tried to get them off my brother but they were much taller than me. I tried to go in between them and my brother. Trying as best as I can to protect him after standing up for me like that.

I was being squished along with Adam when suddenly one guy was pulled back. The group of guys surrounding us started to turn to the one who removed the first guy. Adam and I stood up and it was a recognizable face. How many times do I have to run into him?? Miguel was there being a hero for us newbies. He was waiting for them to attack him and throw a punch. The jerks didn't seem to want to fight him so they just walked away like cowards. The crowd of students seemed to have slowly faded by the time me and my brother felt safe. My sketchbook felt out of my bag from all the chaos that I put myself in. It was right under Miguel's feet. He bent down, picked it up and reached out his arm to give to me. I was about to take it from him until he retreated his arm back and opened it up. I was ready to attack him for it until I saw his unforgettable smile. He looked up at me and his smile got even bigger as he finally gave up my sketchbook. He didn't say anything after that and asked me and my brother if we were okay. We assured him we were. I asked him if he goes to PHS and he says he's home schooled. Oh, how I wish was he wasn't. It would've been nice to have him in the same art class. What with his talent and all. Sigh (Wait, I'm getting off track from my story...)

I'll just skip to a few hours ago. Nothing much happened after Miguel 'saved' us. He had to go to meet his uncle at the their store so he was in a hurry. I didn't have time to process the reason to why he ended up by the school when his uncles store wasn't near. So, we got home, did homework, ate dinner and started to get ready for school again tomorrow. As I sat on my bed thinking about the our first day of school, I noticed that the paper was still on my bedside table. Untouched. I remembered that without Miguel being there, Adam and I might have been bruised up. I decided in my head to call him. I figured I should at least ask his thoughts on my sketch and what made him smile about it. Plus, I could ask him why he was passing by the school and also to thank him... again. I dialed his number and it took him 5 rings to answer his cell. His phone voice was very raspy. Like he had a really bad sore throat or something. He told me he caught it from his uncle when they met. I told him to feel better. He went straight to the point and asked me why I called. So, I laid out all my thoughts out to him, and he reciprocated back with simple answers. First was he understood what my sketch was about and he liked the idea of it too. His second answer was the silly and still mysterious 'I was in the neighborhood.' excuse. I didn't really bother annoying him further about it because I felt like I was already causing him to exert effort into explaining. Lastly, I thanked him again for being there when we needed him. (That sounded pathetically like a damsel in distress right?) He chuckled and I was glad to know that I could make him happy. I'm not exactly sure what I said to make him ask me out for Saturday night which I, like a silly girl with a high school crush to a boy that doesn't even go to my school, said yes. I guess it was some spur of the moment hype thing. Maybe tomorrow he'll forget about it. From being excited about Saturday, he suddenly had some worried tone in his voice and just said "I'm sorry Alexis, but I must go now. Goodnight and goodbye." I wasn't fast enough to say it back before he hung up on me. Maybe he had some emergency. Then I looked at my clock and noticed it was already 11 pm.

I hope he'll be okay. It's getting late for me too. Another dreadful day of school tomorrow. Now, me and Adam are known for being the chumps getting beat up after school. Oh, high school...how you never seem to quit on us angst teenagers. I turned to my clock and the paper is still there. Still untouched. For a reason that I still can't come up with, I decided to completely straighten the paper out. It was a pretty good sketch that Miguel made so why should I ignore it. Seeing the ME pop out made me slightly less paranoid about my dream and the freaky things that happened yesterday. As if it doesn't mean as much anymore. It made me smile a little thinking that I was so afraid of this paper. It's just paper, but a very important one at that. Anyways, I really should be getting some sleep. If I do get waken up again by some really freaky alternate reality seeming dream, then I blame this piece of paper. Till the next entry...

Chapter 6

OMG! It's been awhile since I've written here. I'm just so busy now with school that my hands get tired from school for all the notes I have to take, then the homework I have to do, and I just didn't bother continuing to abuse my hands by ranting about how tired I am. Well, this time its a long weekend. No school tomorrow Friday so a long 3day weekend. By the way, ever since my last entry (which was about the first day of school) Adam and I have blended in and are no longer sitting by the trashcans. It is now just a table farther away from us. Johanna is now what I consider one of my good friends. Adam and Benjee are inseparable. Clubs have started and the two joined the robotics club together. I joined the photography club while Johanna took up dance. I had enough money to buy myself a camera worthy enough to take some decent artsy looking pictures with the baby sitting money I had taking care of our neighbors little bratty child, Angel. (It's a good thing they pay pretty big. Maybe its because they know what we would have to be put through.)

Ms. Thorne was the freshman English teacher who became our supervisor to the club. On our first day we went by the bay and took pictures. Ms. Thorne didn't really have any specific rules as to how and what we were suppose to capture. Maybe it was just freestyle. I took pictures of the skyline, the boats, the water, the birds, just point and shoot basically. I was still pretty new to this especially since I still didn't understand my camera that well. We were told to email the pictures to Ms. Thorne so she would have record of it. So when I got home, I went straight to my laptop. My mom thought I should be doing homework instead of just wasting time on the computer. I told her it was school related so that made her silent. i was uploading the pictures from my camera to my computer when I noticed something. I was looking through the pictures I took and there was what seemed like dirt on every picture. I checked out the camera if there was dirt, and none at all. I looked at all the pics again and the dirty blur was still there. I didn't know what it was but it was shaped into like this flying ghost or something. Like a shadowed ghost. I thought to myself that Portland is a pretty old city so maybe the ghost theories might not totally be a crazy one. I sent it to Ms. Thorne regardless. She could just think that I'm a bad photographer (which I sorta am still) and that my lens was dirty.

OH! My good news today. There's this guy in school named Gregory Smith. He was one of the cute guys in school. I have Foreign Language class with him and he asked me out to the Halloween dance. The dance is still 2 weeks away which surprises me even more as to why he asked me out about it early. He told me its to make sure that he was the first one. Even saying and I quote "I got the best pick first." At least I'm set for a date on a school dance. I don't have to have those awkward sitting, waiting, wishing feelings that some guy comes up to ask me to dance. So, I'm set about that. And Miguel you may be asking? I haven't heard from him since our first and last date. I don't want to rant about how the date went, but for sure it was a memorable one.. not in the good way. It just left me... there. No nothing special happened, just the end was.... cut so to speak.

It's getting late. I just thought I should update this diary that I haven't touched in awhile. Tomorrow will be the start of the long weekend and I plan to make something of it. If I do see Miguel then I don't know what I'll do. Walk away or stay and chat?? I do hope to see Greg sometime this weekend though. He has a small job scooping ice cream at his aunt's ice cream parlor. Maybe he could give me free ice cream. Ok, maybe I have a small crush on Greg. I can't help it...*daydreams* Anyways, I'm going to get some shut eye, and hopefully some sweet Gregory Smith dreams. I would love it if my dream was just gazing into his light gray eyes and him gazing into my normal ones. A girl could only dream, so I shall. However, I still can't seem to get Miguel smile off my mind. The smile that not even Greg can ever match up to. It's also the reason why his eyes keep catching my attention. I don't pay attention to anyone elses smile except Miguels. I'm starting to miss him...no! I shouldn't! I'll just see him in my dreams. That won't be a bad thing... right? Till the next entry...
© Copyright 2009 Amica (purplemunster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573669-Chapter-5-and-6