*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573687-The-Fishing-Experiment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by New BB
Rated: · Other · Children's · #1573687
A love story.
The Fishing Experiment

He then grinded and winded his hips like mortar in a bowl that takes two hands to ground. “But will she help?”  That was on everyone’s mind as they stood at the Route 20 Bus stop.  Annette was long gone.  The children loved her.  That’s why you throw fish back.  To give love a chance at a future.  Or give children a chance.  So, Annette walked on toward work.  The light and sound of the day was pleasing to her.  It was a perfect day for fishing.  Why was Jasper still harassing her?  Two more steps and her survey of the parking lot would be complete.  She opened the door and they (meaning the bulldawgs) greeted her with a “Hello, girlie.”  This is odd she thought.  Usually they just throw me a rag.  Today the car wash was slow.  She was clad in silk blouse and her patent work shoes.  The men usually teased her about them.  Her response would be, “They’re not leather.”  Their sentiment was always, Annette, when are you going to find a man.  “I have one.”  He’s like three all rolled into one.  The owner spoke up to that retort with a reluctant, “Then, he must be strong.”  You have no idea she remarked soaking the rag in the bucket of water to continue cleaning.  It hurt her to work around people who misunderstood her life.  All she ever got recognized for was work.  And was that so wrong.  Her eyes twinkled with a declaration of “I want more.”  Just then, Larry, the station’s owner says, “3 hours, tomorrow.  Defiantly, she says, “I’ll take it!”

School was on her mind but Jasper was gnawing at her heart.  How could she be so cruel?  Bye, Larry, defiantly she yelled.  Would he be at the bus stop?  It was such in this town that everyone you came on the bus with, you rode back on the bus with.  Anticipating their meeting she wondered if he had caught any fish.  Was he for real about that.  Annette had her PreMed schooling to worry about.  This consumed her thoughts.  Was she hungry as well?  It was almost time for the bus to arrive.  She wondered if she had caught any fish?
© Copyright 2009 New BB (tt.com95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1573687-The-Fishing-Experiment