*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575486-His-dreams-in-the-dust
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Tragedy · #1575486
The story of a man whose dreams
Nooooooooooo,he had shouted fom his sleep as he woke up,sweating all over. it was only a dream he said as he muttered to him self...he had always had nightmares,but none had ever been like this he had been chased after,fallen into a pit or had been flogged but tonights own had been diffrent an horrible old lady was stabbing him at the back till he had almost died.he shifted uncomfortably on the old worn out mattress that had made him itch all over as he began to search for an old touch he had kept near by...ouch he scremed in pain as he began to fell the liquid dripping down his palms.he found the touch and shone it on is finger it wasnt a deep cut but it was enough to cause a bleeding..
the night was cold and he could feel the breeze sweep through him.he had to manage to wrap himself with some cartons that he had created as a blanket for himself..living in an uncompleted building wasn''t easy he had thought to himself look at the way he had ended up,if he had been told two years earlier about what would befall him he would have not believed..he had gone from grace to grass..and now reflecting on the past he began to wonder where he had gone wrong...
Kunle Ajayi was one of the richest guys who lived in surulere, one of the richest areas in the city of lagos he was a succesful guy who owned a duplex with three cars he owned shares in several companies an d had a major share in his fathers company Durojaiye and son plc which dealt with computers it was a successfol company worth billions of naira and being the first and only son out of three he was going to inherit most of the properties of his father.at 28 he was alreedy living a stable life,he had studied abroad and had come back to work for his fathers company where he was paid well.he had dreams of pursuing his own life diffrent from that of his father he wanted to live in his own world and pursue his own dreams he didnt want his father intefering in them..he wanted to be independent it wasnt going to be easy getting to leave his dads company to become a writer in one of the local newspapers he woudnt hear of it he was of it,he was forced to read computer engineering and he hated it.....he had made up his mind he was going to resighn,and this was the beginning of his problems..his dad was forious at his resignation letter and demanded he returned back but he refused his father decided to take all that he had,his accounts were frozen,and he was sent out from his home and was reduced to nothing,pleas to his father from his mum and family members fell on deaf years,,,he tried applying for a job but no one would take him because of his fathers influence......
He soon began to live from ones friend s home to the other and from hand to mouth.he had suddenly become wretched and wandred why his father treated him so,only to dicover that he was an adopted child and it hit him so hard he coudnt live in that pain forever he needed to forge ahead,but for now his dreams are in the dust,for his life has fallen like apack of cards,with it being shattered like a broken glass that would never seem to fit again,for the ones he loved had deserted him...it was dawn already he had to be up early so that he could pick the dust bins,he needed the money any how man must survive he said as he began to walk down the road whisling...
© Copyright 2009 Charlie (enipene at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1575486-His-dreams-in-the-dust