*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1578748-human-beings-unedited
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1578748
"Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being...."
Well a long time ago there were a people. An Indian people they went by the name of the "Human Beings". Well they got this name because before anything else they favored peace to war, sharing to commerce, nature to technology.

Well it came to be that they started to change the people around them and then the other tribes became human beings like them. This was about 900 years ago.

Well as time came closer to the , so called, discovery of this continent the Human Beings foretold of a great white tide that no tribe could resist. Then as time past most people forgot about this prophecy and went about business as usual.

Well when the tide came it was small at first and no real threat so the people welcomed them in and helped them get along with the land. The Human Beings who remembered this prophecy. They took up their belongings and moved to South Dakota to the Black Hills, because they thought this would protect them from the tide.

As time moved on and the tide forced more and more people towards them they knew that these great hills would still not be enough to stop them. So further they moved to the mountain bases, of what is now, Wyoming in hopes their peaks would shield them.

Well they did not and the flood kept coming. Closer and closer it moved and more people told stories of the devastation of this flood. It was at this time the Human Beings became something more like man. war like and hungry for revenge and war. It was after this they were no longer called Human Beings and called themselves Cheyenne.
© Copyright 2009 Cameron (grofit44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1578748-human-beings-unedited