*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580069-Human-Beings-early-rough-draft
Rated: E · Short Story · Cultural · #1580069
"Modern man is the missing link between ape and Human Being...."
Well a long time ago there were a people. An Indian people they went by the name of the "Human Beings". Well they got this name because before anything else they favored peace to war, sharing to commerce, nature to technology. This was a choice mind you. And a choice not many people make by their own free will.

By most American standards today this would be a form of communism. It is nothing like that perverted way of thinking. They did this because they shared a common connection with themselves and everything around them. From the smallest of rocks to the greatest of mountains. They knew that all of life was as complex, intricate and precise webs to their being, just as any Human Beings life.

That is true free will. They did not have to be this way they chose to be this way. There was no crime because from a young age they were taught to free their minds of all the trappings of modern man. Such as greed and jealousy and the lust for power. That last thing, lust for power has brought down all of mans "so called" greatest societies. And it will again without a doubt. Human Beings do not crave this, so the madness is not there. About these people, they are what man has to know to become Human Beings.

The Human Beings were first brought into this world, along with three other races by "The Great Medicine". The same creator of the earth and the heavens. This great deity created those three types of man in very different ways. The first was a people who were covered by hair from head to toe. Not a lot has been told of this first group. They were the wanderers and did not sit still for long and left for the south before all other men. That was the last the Human Beings have heard of these men.

The second was the white people, who himself was covered only partially by hair. His head, his face, his arms and his legs were covered with a great amount of hair. These men were strong, confident and very hasty and full of deceit in the decisions they made. It were made so these people that would come to dominate and hold dominion over their world to the south. Which is never as it seems.

Third was the red people, who were created from the earth itself. Because they were created from the earth and not from everything else as the others. They were only able to grow hair upon their heads. But that hair grew long and free like the earth. Just as their earthly spirit they were fast, agile, and free of mind and thought.

They were also the most connected to the earth of the three. And with this The Great Medicine bestowed upon them the knowledge of medicine brought to them by the earth. It was at this time they would gain great knowledge of the earth and its gifts to their people. They did not act as all the other people. They took only what they needed and gave back just the same.

It was at this time The Great Medicine seen this and told them they should not go to the south for it was barren. he told them to stay to the north because a great flood was to wash away all the lands to the south. The white people had also been told to return north. They came and pushed around the red people and his animal brethren. Before this the animals would speak to the red people and tell them stories and hunt game and forage with them. It was at this point the animals grew afraid of all people. And refused to talk to any of them.

The Great Medicine seen this and grew sad because he knew that this bond was great between the red people and their brothers. He told them to go east until they come to a bridge made of ice and snow. This was not going to be an easy trip. He said if they had the passion to go this distance with out fear. He would bestow upon them a great land.

He would give back their kinship with all beasts. He could not promise that these lands would always be theirs, but they would bring them a life only they could know and understand. He also went on to tell them of a great white flood that would one day come and ravage their lands. He said they would not see the flood right away only a trickle of red that was corrupted by the white flood. Until at last they will be forced to flee with their very lives. Further more he told them not to fear this flood for their lives would change, but they would stay who they really were.

With this said the Human Beings set out on their journey east. They went to the ice bridge and climbed many mountains. Until one day they found the lands promised to them. They however never forgot the words of The Great Medicine and his promise of a great white flood. With this knowledge and freedom they became Human Beings.

In time Human Beings spread around this great land and formed different tribes. Though their words differed their stories remind constant. They lived without fear and became great and strong medicine societies. They were able to hear the animals again and formed great bonds with them. For many years this was the existence they know. Human Beings began to wonder of this great flood. Prophecies were told by Medicine men from every tribe. Yet no fear was seen in any of their eyes.

Well as time came closer to the, so called, discovery of this continent the Human Beings prophecy of a great white tide that no tribe could resist. Seemed to come to fruition. Stories were being told from tribe to tribe of white men landing far off to the east. These white men were of great concern, but Human Beings as they were took pity upon these poor frail white men and helped them.

As time went on more white men started to show up and the Human Beings to the east started to tell tales of Human Beings killed by these white men. Some began to grow tired of these white men in fear that they too would be killed.

The fear was such that they forgot how to be Human Beings and set out to destroy these white men. They were turned away by the might of the white men' s arms. They shot not with bows, but with sticks that sounded like thunder. They pierced the red men with steel, which at the time was not known to them, and killed them almost instantly. The Human Beings further west heard of these stories and they to became fearful of these white men.

They too lost their humanity to these fears. They found that the white men craved the hides and fruits of nature and became greedy. They pushed the other Human Beings west so they could take their lands and become like the white men with their arms. As the trickle of red men became like trickle before a flood. The Human Beings that remembered the prophecy turned west.

They took up their belongings and moved to, what is now South Dakota, to the Black Hills, because they thought this would protect them from the tide. This was as a fortress with very strong medicine. Most knew that this would only protect them for so long before the tide pushed them further and further until no Human Being had anywhere else to go.

So as time as it always does moved on. They too moved on and the few Human Beings that remained grew worried about their former peoples. The stories they heard was that red men were fighting red men for land. They could only shake their heads. They knew that they would have to move further west. They could see the growing population of red men coming closer and closer to them. Every day the numbers became bigger. Every day they could see the fear in their eyes. The looked west once again and moved further to the west.

They came to a stop at the Rocky Mountains and decided they could and would not go any further. They just wanted a home for themselves. The strongest of medicine men sat down and for 5 nights he asked for The Great Medicine for guidance. On the 6th day, The Great Medicine came to him and told him that he has to be strong. Your lands will not longer be yours. Your life will seem to no longer be in your hands. The truth is that this is only a test. Like all the test before. You must be Human Beings and not be fearful and lose your humanity.

It was at this time the great white flood had come to their lands. With that came the fear almost all the Human Beings. They too like their cousins had lost their humanity and decided to fight this white flood. they became more like man then any before them. War like and hungry for revenge and nothing but war. It was after this there remained only a handful of Human Beings. These few decided to stay where they were and not fight, but think about what was to come. They know that this flood will, someday subside and when that day comes. They and they alone can call themselves Human Beings.
© Copyright 2009 Cameron (grofit44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580069-Human-Beings-early-rough-draft