*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580761-Hurt
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1580761
Feelings of love for someone, nomatter how much they hurt you.
You haven't touched me in days.

I bare my soul to you and you look away.

I pour my heart out to you and you close your ears.

I give you my heart and you rip it to pieces.

I ask you to love me and you claim that you do, but when I ask you to stay you walk out the door.

What is this love?

Why can't I keep myself from loving someone who can only hurt me, never help me.

You mended my heart once when some other guy had stepped on it.

You told me that you would keep it safe and never let it be broken again.

Now you're the one who has broken it and you still hold the shattered pieces.

I ask for them back and you refuse.

You say that you want to fix it before giving it back, but how can I trust you?

Every word sounds like a lie, every touch feels empty, and every time you look at me, I can no longer see the love in your eyes.

Now I am broken.

Now I am lost.

What was I thinking?

Why couldn't I see what you were doing to me?

I love you still, even while you hold my shattered heart, with a hammer poised and ready to finish it off. I love you still.

So I lay here, curled up in a ball, because you broke my heart, but really, you broke my soul.

Unable to cry, unable to breathe, unable to live.

And yet, still unable to stop loving you.

What will become of me?

What can I do?

Where can I go?

I still lay here, my broken heart beating for you as I wait for you to come back and tell me that you love me again..

I know in my heart that it's a lie and that you will still hurt me, but it's a lie that I want to believe.

It's a lie that I wait for every time you do this to me.

Because I love you, even as you shove the knife into my chest, and I watch all the blood pour out of my body.

Even while you leave me on the floor, bleeding to death, my last thought will surely be that I love you.
© Copyright 2009 Charlotte ~ Chasing Rabbits (wenchire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1580761-Hurt