*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587486-Game-Fair
by Jill
Rated: E · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1587486
unfinished story
Had I been dreaming, I would have dreamt of being someone else, with a little creature burrowed in my body, clawing at the walls inside my chest—a recurring nightmare.
I sat up, frozen in fear with a cold sweat clinging to my ghostly skin. I stumbled across the room and frantically searched the wall for the light switch. A mere 3 seconds passed before the light stopped flickering in awakening, and lit the room. I pressed myself almost against the narrow mirror opposite, my eyes swollen and bloodshot. The scars on my wrists and the bruises on my torso sickened my already turned stomach. Although I had escaped the brutality of 9 Drellarn Gardens, the scars of both my appearance and my mind were still lingering on. Haunting me.
I pushed my dark hair away from my face and splashed the chilled water that was left in the sink towards it. It was then, I flicked the light switch off again and proceeded to lie back in the bed and stare at the ceiling. I dared not close my eyes, as each time I did, the haunting figure flooded my thoughts. How I ended up in one of the many private hospital rooms at Drellarn, is the truth behind my recurring nightmare.
With headphones placed in my ears, the music swimming through and gripping onto my ear drums, slowly wearing them away, the only other noise i could hear was the faint humming of the engines roar as the car sped along the motorway. At nine in the morning, the thought of the games fair was not amongst the list of things I had wanted to visit before I die, but the whole family were going and I thought i would make a day of it, rather than sit in the house alone, wondering what antics the kids would get up to and the boring conversations that would probably up rise from the adults. It was soon, we arrived at the fair, set in amongst the forest of Drellarn. The tall trees hung over the car as we drove down the rocky path to the entrance of the car park. A phrase which here means, the swamp like ground, with a cardboard sign reading the faded blue words of ''park here'' stapled to a rather fat trunked tree.
Tired and cold, I clambered out of the back seat which I had been unlucky enough to be forced into and jumped onto the squidgy grass. My feet slowly sunk into the green mess beneath them and the long stems of the grass tangled around my ankles as if at any moment they would tug tightly and pull me through the ground.
''There really is no need to be here, all it's going to be is a bunch of messed up weirdos learning how to fish!''

... Unfinished... Will post full story A.S.A.P
© Copyright 2009 Jill (clark-kent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587486-Game-Fair