*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589510-We-Can-Never-Be-The-Same
by Carrie
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1589510
a look at the ins and outs of falling in and out of love.
Tears now replace the once brilliant smile and all the joy once felt is melting to the floor.
We can see each other with our eyes but not our hearts and we no  longer meet in a spectrum of our love.

Hurtful words now replace loving endearments leaving a path of scar tissue where kisses once traveled.
We hear each other with our ears but not with our souls and we no longer dance on a ray of longing.

Can you feel the wounds bleeding out our love?  Or do you choose to bury your head deep in the sand and let another day pass?
Wasted youth and promises left empty on the ground of depair, the pieces far to shattered to rebuild.

Can you remember a day when this felt simple, right, and on track?
It is sad and wonderful to remember it all like a warm, fall breeze rustling nature's bounty.

We must end it before the destruction turns our hearts the black of coal and turns our discontent into hatred.
We may not feel the instant attraction and passion that once burned through our young flesh but we can remember enough to let go in peace.

We were once the kind of lovers that others envied and yearned to achieve.
Now we are a broken vessel that hope long ago flew from.

Remember me with fond memories and know I will do the same.
Falling out of love is never as good and falling into it and in the end nothing will ever be the same.
© Copyright 2009 Carrie (mommysince2003 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589510-We-Can-Never-Be-The-Same