*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589973-Katelyn-Parker---Murder-Mystery
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Drama · #1589973
Basicly, Katelyn and her friends investigate a murder at a murder mystery party.
Chapter 1

The school day was going by slowly. Our teacher had repeated the same maths lesson three times this week. No one was really listening today. My table was having a rubber fight. I threw my last tiny piece of white eraser at the boy seated opposite me, before glancing over my shoulder at Clara and scowling.It wasn't that I hated her, I just didn't really like her that much. We had been best friends a few days ago. We always had these fall-outs.
Clara looked over, I quickly turned my head and was welcomed back to my table with seven pieces of eraser.I flashed a sarcastic smile at my table mates and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil out of my pencil case.

Stephanie, do you want to come over to my house after school? Tick:

| | yes or
| | no

I folded the paper and handed it to Jessie. He was the boy that sat next to me.
"Pass this to Stephanie" I whispered to him, so our teacher, Mrs Kelsey didn't hear me. Jessie passed to Antonia who passed to Allan who passed to Stephanie. Stephanie opened the paper so carefully, it almost seemed as though she thought it would explode. A few weeks ago, that would have just been stupid, but with what was happening these days, it was completly understandable. She scribbled down an answer and passed the note back to Allen. When it was back on my desk, I took a look at Steph's answer. The yes box was ticked and there was a message at the bottom. ' See you after school Kate!'.
The lunch bell rang and we all jumped out of our seats and headed to the door. I ran to Stephanie and we walked outside to the picnic area to have our lunch. Stephanie looked kind of worried.
"What's wrong Steph?" I asked. She looked up at me, fear in her eyes.
"I was out last night and...." she paused for a second. "To make a long story short, I think he is back"
I was quite obviously shocked to hear this. I thought the police had caught that phsycho last time he was in town. I shivered at the thought of him being back. The terror, the fear I had felt when I had come face to face with him last. I had lost a good friend that year.

It was 2007. Me and my team were out late, as usual. My team were, Stephanie, Clara, Ethan, Jake and Tyler. Well, it wasn't really my team. Jake was the team leader... or as he liked to be called, boss.
Tyler was my boyfriend, no one on the team knew. I like to keep my private life.... well, private.
We had been having a sleepover. We had been instructed to stay in, and we were going too... until we heard the gunshot. We all raced to my window, only to see him walking across the street. Mom and dad were asleep, Jason was out and Danny was at his girlfriend's house, so we sneaked out the door into the street.
I was quite tall, even then. And I had a plan. "Give me the gun" I whispered to Jake.
I was a real gun... but it had no bullets. Jake's dad used to be an FBI agent, and when he died, Jake's mother had told him to look after his fathre's gun.
Jake handed me the gun and I ran out into the street, closely followed by Tyler. "FBI DROP YOUR WEAPON!" I shouted in what I thought was an adult-sounding voice. I was quite shocked when he turned round and fired a shot at me.
"KATELYN!" Tyler shouted as he jumped in front of me, stopping the bullet from reaching me, but killing himself instead. He was going to pay for this.
The whole school knew who he is.... Ricky Adams.
© Copyright 2009 Jessalyn Todd (kittykat112 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1589973-Katelyn-Parker---Murder-Mystery