*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661700-Sidney-Jones--Meeting-Jason-Hawke
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Crime/Gangster · #1661700
DCU stands for disease containment unit. my friends and I made it up on school camp.
I walked into the DCU today and was greeted by my partner. James Lewis looked at me and smiled. He always smiled. Today there was something in his eyes. Behind the smile, there was something bothering him. He kissed me gently on my forehead. We had been warned when we started working together it was strickly professional, but had broken DCU's rules anyway. James took my hand in his and we walked to the lab without uttering a word. That scared me the most. James was usually a chatty person. I opened my mouth, desperatly wanting to ask him what was wrong, but I didn't. Instead, I turned to look at Cindy.

"You got anythin'?" I asked simply.

"Not yet Sidney. I'm working on it." She replied, half asleep.

"Cindy. Did you try to pull off another all-nighter?" I laughed.

"Ye." She smiled. A brilliant smile. "But I must have fell asllep. I woke up on the floor." She laughed, beginning to wake up a little. Cindy was always lively, all I had to do was get her a cup of coffee and she'd be bouncing off the walls.

    I laughed too, then took James' hand again and walked out of the room. He still hadn't said a word since I walked in this morning. I wanted to talk to him, ask him what was bothering him. But I couldn't. I was afraid of what he might say. Maybe he was gonna break up with me. If so I'd rather go on like this. I'd rather not know.

    He stopped walking and turned to face me. The smile on his face was now gone.

"Sid... I'm getting transferred to DCU in Edinburgh. In Scotland." he frowned.

    I forced a smile. "That's great. I hear Scotland's a beautiful place. You'll love it." As much as I wanted to stay strong, my voice broke when I said the last scentence. I bit my lip, desperatly trying to blink back the tears which were gathering in my eyes. "I've got to go." I said when I could hold them back no longer. My voice was merely a whisper.

"Sidney... I'm sorry." he said as I walked away, as fast as i could. I didn't look back, I didn't want to. I didn't want to see his face, how hurt he looked. It didn't matter. I could still see his face in my mind.

    I ran to see Rosalia. Rosie knew about me and James, most of my close friends knew. "Rosie." I sobbed. "James is leaving. He's been transferred to..." I couldn't get the words out.

"I know. I heard from Marco." She replied sadly. Marco was James' best friend and one of DCU's best agents. He must be just as upset as me I thought.

    As if reading my thoughts, Marco walked into the room just moments later. "I can't believe it!" he said.

"Me neither." I managed to get out. Marco walked over to me and sat down on my right. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.



It wasnt until two weeks after James left that I began to hate work, and myself for ever joining the DCU. I had totally got over James leaving, we all had. But his replacement was probably the most annoying guy on the planet! I can’t believe Taylor hired him! He’s not even qualified to be a DCU agent!
© Copyright 2010 Jessalyn Todd (kittykat112 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661700-Sidney-Jones--Meeting-Jason-Hawke