*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593660-Grocery-Shopping
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Experience · #1593660
A story that I wrote from a prompt site.
"Passive Agressive Grocery Shopping"
Fred has high blood pressure. But Linda brings home some items from the grocery store that are not so good for Fred. Write the scene with dialogue.

"Fred I am home from the shopping," said Linda as she put the groceries down on the counter and swept back her red hair behind her ears, "Can you come in here and help me put them away?"

In walked Fred who was a much older then Linda appeared. "You know I pay you to do these things for me, so why do you always ask me to come in here and help you with putting them away?" Fred always seemed to be huffy with Linda and Linda usually just smiled about it all and just let it roll off her back. Today had been a bad day for Linda though so far and she wasn't so sure how much of this she could actually take before she went crazy on Fred because it wasn't like Fred was paying her that well anyways.

Linda smiled and turned to Fred and said matter of factly, "The doctors have told you that there are a few things you can help with and that putting the groceries away is one of those things, so lets get busy."

Fred groaned in disgust and started going through the groceries and suddenly out of no where Fred picked up a can of spaghetti sauce and threw it against a counter. "You know you stupid bitch that I can't eat half of this stuff. I have high blood pressure."

Linda shuddered in disbelief at how Fred was acting. She went over and started to pick the pieces of the glass up off the ground. She turned towards Fred calmly and said, "You think everything in life is either yours or for you. Did you ever stop to think that I was doing my grocery shopping at the same time that I was doing yours. I live here also and I live here to help you out, but you will never treat me the way you just did. You do not throw things in this house ever or I will quit." Linda turned around and picked up a towel and cleaned up the spaghetti sauce off the counters.

Fred started crying and just mumbling that he was sorry almost incoherantly. Linda was use to this though because of Fred's condition. She knew that he was suffering from Alhezimer's disease on top of his high blood pressure, so she knew how to deal with his sudden outburts and his forgetting things. He would get frustrated a lot and threw things a lot, but this was the closest he had ever gotten to actually hitting her with the object. Linda walked over to Fred while he was crying and held onto him and just let him know that he was okay.

Linda sighed and began to cry herself. Cried because this was her life and soon it would all change when Fred was too sick. "Things change" thought Linda, "It is the only constant. Change" Change.

THE END   

© Copyright 2009 EricMPatterson (soulflower1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1593660-Grocery-Shopping