*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1594007-Werecat-and-Werewolf-meet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Animal · #1594007
She loved to play as a panther but the wolf made it more fun in a strange way.
She couldn’t wait to get out of class so she could explore her forest - just like she had done all of her life. There were always new things to do in the thickness of the trees that she couldn’t do anywhere else. She could be herself.
She walked out of the campus grounds and into the thick of the trees. Then she removed all of her clothes and placed them neatly in her bag. She concentrated calmly breathing in and out feeling the cold on her skin as the straight black fur covered her body with an instant warming sensation. She felt her nose turning wet and widening and her teeth growing long and sharp. Her spine grew longer and stretched out into a limber black tail. Standing on all fours she had transformed into a large black panther. This all took only a few seconds now that she was practiced.
She made her way deeper into the forest smelling and seeing the way only a cat could. She loved to run weaving in and out of the trunks and jumping over fallen timber.
Even keener than her sight and smell was her ear’s. Being a Panther she was not afraid of the wild life that she had come across in the forest but she knew that there were larger animals so she was always on the alert. Even if she could sense something was coming before any of her natural senses picked up on it, today she seemed to be caught off guard. Quickly out of the corner of her eye she saw a pair of yellow eyes watching her.
With the instinct of a cat she lowered herself closely to the ground ready to pounce if the animal turned out to be a threat. The yellow eyes appeared again but closer this time. With her heart racing she massaged her paws pulling her claws in and out getting ready to attack. But the animal lurking in the shadows didn’t make a run for her but instead crept into the light showing its pure white coat and massive size. It was a wolf. Beautiful in every since and standing right in front of her. Because of her love for animals she never liked to fight and never has. She was after all a woman in the form of a panther. Animal instinct was there but she liked to believe that she had complete control with the animal instinct locked tightly away free from controlling her.
The wolf took a step closer to her and smelled the air. Her heart raced so hard that her ears were beginning to pulse. She took a step back, slowly but it must have not been slow enough because the wolf pinned her. Quickly she threw him off her with all of her strength and began to climb up an old oak tree about the width of herself.
The wolf caught her tail in his teeth but when she gave a cry of pain he quickly let go.
She paused.
Then she jumped down off the tree and pounced on wolf gently, sure enough he allowed her to knock him over. They began to play. Running away and chasing each other. Gently nipping at each other’s heals and tackling each other. Again he tackled her but this time he didn’t let her up immediately. He bit down gently on her neck and in almost a human like motion she took her paw and caressed his ear. The wolf must have been freaked out because he jumped up and looked at her, and then ran away.
She couldn’t help but think about it over and over. The wolf was strange. When in wild life do you see a wolf and a panther playing? Could it be that he wasn’t a wolf but rather a man just as she wasn’t a panther but a woman?
© Copyright 2009 Kindle Lee (jamielee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1594007-Werecat-and-Werewolf-meet