*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596520-Complete-Randomness
by sairin
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1596520
A story where I haven't a clue where it's going
A story where I haven't a clue where it's going. I'll write a bit, then brainstorm some ideas and come back to it later. I'll pick an idea at random then write...

*****************************************************

By nightfall, the headlines would be reporting devastation. Time counts down as Keiran awakes to the sound of his twin sister banging on his door.

"Mum says get up or you'll be late."

Other noises intruded on Keiran's last morning of normality - Andrea turning on the shower, Mum clattering around in the kitchen, Dad snoring his head off. "Dad must have been called out  again," Keiran thought.

More banging on the door. The pattern of Dad's snores changes.

"I'm coming," Keiran grumped.

Keiran wandered down stairs, pushing his sister out of the way as she came out of the bathroom.

"Keiran, would you stop pushing your Andrea around!" his mother snapped as Keiran ate his breakfast.

Keiran shrugged, "Maybe if she'd stop getting in my way."

Keiran beat Andrea out the door by several minutes, enough that she did not see him walk down an alleyway in the wrong direction for school. At the other end of the alleyway, several of his mates were waiting.

"What took you so long?"

"Had to make sure no one noticed me doing anything different. Have you got it?"

Exactly what 'it' was, was not clear to the casual observer. It was obviously small enough to fit easily into the palm of one of the boys. On seeing it, Keiran started walking towards ____ leading the other four boys.


[Where are they going?
* water source
-beach
-river
- lake
- wetlands
* out-of-bounds land area
- military zone
- condemned building
- private house - unoccupied at present
-
* bush
* friends house]






[Keiran is the protagonist, a 14 year old male, bright but gets into trouble at school]
[Dad is a doctor of some variety]


© Copyright 2009 sairin (sairin88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596520-Complete-Randomness