*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596705-How-Can-This-Love-Work
by Carrie
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1596705
All the obstacles that face a couple who have fallen deeply in love.
I knew it as soon as I looked into your loved filled eyes, we were meant to be.
Yet I knew that our lives were so very different that this path would be fraught with branches that we stumble upon.

Your tender embrace made my legs weak, and brought intense goosebumps to my skin, I never wanted to let go.
Yet I knew Distance was something we couldn't avoid, that our world's were miles and miles apart.

You wiped the tears that flowed so readily from my eyes when you told me you loved me.
Yet I knew that I wouldn't hear your voice everyday for years to come.

We belong to others and the obligation and love we feel for them overshadows our own budding romance.
We stole searing kisses and gentle hugs, and held each other in quivering sobs when it was time to say goodbye.

My heart felt whole the day I met you and when you left the pain ached throughout.
Yet I know we will be together someday, if only for a moment.

I long to be by your side and I am envious of those who soak up your presence.
Yet I know you belong to me heart and soul and maybe just maybe this could work.
© Copyright 2009 Carrie (mommysince2003 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1596705-How-Can-This-Love-Work