*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597213-THE-TERMINATOR-WHO-WANTS-PEACE
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1597213
For an intimidating person who doesn't intimidate me

I once met a girl named Karen. She’s thin, tall, and has a bubbly personality. From a simple lady, she rose to become a terminator who never failed to give a good fight. She gained my respect not just because she’s a terminator, or that she’s a great leader, but also because she respected me. For a person to be respected, one must also know how to respect others, she knows how to. THAT’S WHY SHE GAINED MY RESPECT.

I’m not an ass-kisser because in truth, why would I do that? Will I gain something from it? Frankly, NO. I don’t think there is something to be gained. And I tell you now, there are so many terminators around but only three gained my respect – terminator Karen, Lioness Good Mother Sam, and Pretty as the Pussycat Dolls Meybel.

Her subtle ways of making friends, and being sarcastic sometimes (or precisely most of the time??)  is amazingly AMAZING. She has the capability of leading a team made up of different personalities who came from various era and area of life.

I remember her mimicking the way I walk. It’s childish. But I like it. Because it shows that she’s still the same girl that I know who didn’t let her feet soar above the gravity level.  She still knows how to joke around despite being a terminator.

I remember her separating my payslip from the others so I could easily find it. I remember her supporting me when we were still starting up as a team. I was under her tutelage (because I consider her my mentor). I was always absent. And I promised her that I’ll improve. One night, I told her that I can’t make it to work, and she texted me saying, “Change is good but make sure it’s for the better”
.
God, I was speechless when she told me that and I realized that she’s right. I realized that she was being nice and she was trying to understand my irresponsible acts. She, of all people, was the only one who changed me from a “lulubog-lilitaw palitaw” to an “ever-present hangga’t kaya” employee. I remember it up to this day because I became responsible. She kept on supporting me, pushing me to do better. She showed me that she believes in me.

I remember her teasing me about the prince from the 7th floor that I used to EMS. Everytime I see her, I always get nervous because I am afraid she’ll tease me again. It was DISTURBING because I can’t help blushing.

I remember when my mother died. She gave me a very genuine support and concern, she was the only person who didn’t forget to remind me that I am strong.  She texted me to hold on, not knowing that at the time I received her text, I was crying like a weak child who lost her best friend. I so appreciated that simple text. It gave me a fraction of hope and warmth.

I remember her shortcomings and moody acts.  She has this surly face that tells everyone not to mess with her – aahhh.. it’s so frightening to other people. But for me, I’m used to that. She  gave me that look one time but it had no effect, I was not intimidated or frightened. Because I know her. She does it often. And she’s not 100%  intimidating for me. but still, I stepped away and didn’t attempt to disturb her after. why? Because I respect her. Why bother someone who is having a bad time/bad day? Doing so would only mean that I don’t care about other people’s feelings. I’m not that type of person. And if I am having a bad time myself, I also prefer not to be disturbed by other people.

I was just a commoner at a fictional castle called “Big Red Kingdom Wonderland” while she’s one of the gigantic terminators who terrorize people like me. their work is to make the place a living hell for all of us. But she’s not like that.  And  I don’t see her as a terminator. I see a person who is riding a wrong horse – just like me. just like the Lioness Good Mother Sam and Pretty as the Pussycat Dolls Meybel. Good creatures trapped in a wrong corner inside a wrong castle made up of labyrinthine maze.

Everyone deserves happiness. If someone quits, then maybe she needs it to regain her sanity. We are just humans who commit mistakes. We’re not perfect.

I wrote this i-don’t-know-what-it’s-called piece because I remember her. I remember the good and bad things she did. I know how much she loves being a terminator. But she decided to break free. And it’s all because of numerous unexplainable things that are yet to be discussed.

I remember her as a person. I admire her as a person. And I understand her because she’s just like me – finding her niche in this huge crazy world.

Break free and soar higher.
© Copyright 2009 lemon icedtea (veniza at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597213-THE-TERMINATOR-WHO-WANTS-PEACE