*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597766-The-Creation-of-Our-World
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1597766
The creation of our world.
“The Creation of the World”



At the start of time, there was no earth at this point. Everything is blank and white, of what we called Nonetheless. This world, most human lived in. There are no signs of water, food, animals or plant like on Nonetheless. People who lived here do not need the food or water to live along with oxygen. What they need to live in this world is pure determination to walk on each day. There was no land, so people just have to float around and fly.



Melissa Brooks, the wife of Keith Brooks along with their children Laura and Eric, decided to fly around and search for something new each day. One day Melissa spoke to her husband. Her voice was excited at most part.



“I have a dream, a dream of a new world. The world is green and blue, with the myth plants and so called animals.” Melissa said. Keith sighed at how childish his wife is acting, “Dear, we are not going to search or act upon your dream.” Keith said. He has this fear of anything that his wife dreamed about. His wife dreamed about strange things. Instead of dreaming of smoke and clouds, she dreams about birds, blue and green things.



“We must look for this world.”



“It’s best to stay in reality, Melissa. No one will save us from this wrenched place.” Keith said sternly.



“What reality, Keith!”



Keith took in a deep breath, before he finally spoke moments later-



“Fine we go”



So the next day Melissa, Keith and their children went flying again, but this time in long distance. Melissa explained to Laura and Eric, whom they are now going to find a world that, is full of life.



They flew, for hours and they still didn’t find anything. Just their normal blank and white. They passed up a few humans and that what’s about it. Melissa could feel her hope fading with each passing minute, she kept holding onto her tears.



They soon to hear a loud noise in their distance, and they flew faster curious of what it is. They never heard of this kind of noise before. When reaching the area of the sound, they saw two creatures circling each other ready to lung at each other.



“What is that?” Keith asks himself, his eyes widen at the sight before him. He felt fear creeping in his body and mind.



“Animals!” Melissa gasps out in both excitement and well fear. She was happy that what she seen in her dream is real, but afraid of how angry of the creatures called animals before of them.



Laura, curious took a few glides forward of the angry animals. Eric tried to take a hold of her arm, but she jerks it out of his reach.



”I’m just wanted to see.” Laura said.



“N-No it’s too danger-“



Laura flew towards the animals, without listening to her brother at all.



They wouldn’t hurt me- she thought, till one of them lunged at her. She screamed.



Her parents still didn’t know what happened to their child, both in a fearful trance.



The other animal took this chance to fly away.



Struggling, and crying for help, Laura flew downward towards nonetheless like her and her family world is.



Eric cried for his sister to return and the animal to let go of his sister, but it’s no use. He is small and young and he couldn't match the animal in strength.



So instead he turned to his parents. His so called parents, tears were running down his eyes plain as day light.



"S-Save her! Y-You are her parents! You both suppose to protect her!" Eric cried, and before his parents snap out of the trance they were both in, they were soon blinded by the light where Laura had fallen into. Her cries and screams had stopped, and they looked downward from their place.



Laura body was glowing. The animal that attacked her rawr loudly before flying backward away from her at last. Eric flew downward towards Laura direction, blind of where he is going.



"Hold on, I'm coming!" Eric cried, still can't believe that his parents didn't do anything, but stood there scared.



Laura looked up at Eric, she mouth sorry to him before she disappeared and he couldn't see anymore. He closed his eyes shut and when the light went away minutes later, he opened his eyes and saw something breathless.



Melissa and Keith float next to him, guilty expressions was on their faces.



Before them was our planet Earth and all its glory, they were floating in space.



But there was no Laura.



Gravity pulled the family toward the Earth and they fell downward. This world was new and so unlike anyone had ever seen. It was filled with life, water, air and animals. It was also colorful. There was no more nonetheless at all.



Many years passed, and it was Laura 8th birthday, either of the family forgets the cost that they paid to be in the New World. The cost was Laura life; her life made the New World that we know it go on and stayed with life. If she hasn’t given her life, this world wouldn't be here. The family gathered around a small barn fire outside of their cabin.



They all paid their respects to Laura, and her curious nature.



Melissa and Keith still felt guilty for their actions, but Eric, now 10 of age seems very mature insure his parents that Laura wouldn't want them to grief because of her.



She wanted them to enjoy the world that she made and the world that her mother Melissa had dreamed about.



THE END



© Copyright 2009 Cynthia Miller (162592w at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1597766-The-Creation-of-Our-World