*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598794-Another-Dream-of-Desire-and-Love
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1598794
My dream about one of my male friends; I get those when they like me.
            Another One of Those Dreams I Get When a Guy Likes Me in Real Life

I sat in my seat, staring at my new teacher droning on and on about how we are responsible for our own actions, etc, etc. I KNEW all of this, I thought. That's why I am where I am. But she has to for the other kids' sake, because they didn't grow up knowing any better, I thought miserably. Time passed quickly, as I was daydreaming about things I knew could never happen, as our teacher announced recess indoors. This was odd, I realized. It's almost never indoors.
I walked over to where the snack cabinet sat in the other room. I opened it, then closed it again when I heard someone coming into the room. It was my friend Wynn.
We hadn't been friends long; just the amount of time we had spent in the classroom, we became friends.
Michael and Daniel had confronted me about Wynn during one of our former recesses, and said Wynn liked me. "Yeah, it's kind of obvious." I said in a sarcastic tone. I knew he did. And I didn't want to hurt him. So I sent him an email asking if Michael was his friend, then who was I to him? Wynn responded, and said I was also a friend.
I was glad I didn't have to hurt him anymore than I had by ignoring him.

Wynn came to sit beside me, and I backed away as he leaned close. "Hello," he whispered. I smiled weakly in reply. I took out my book and started to read. Wynn sat there with me the entire recess, until I finally asked him, "Why are you here? Don't you want to hang out with Michael and the others?"
"No, I'm fine" was his response. A tingly, queasy feeling started in my stomach. Oh NO! I thought, horrified. I knew what it meant, but I did not want to believe it.
I did not want to fall in love again. But I could not help what I felt. It was as if Wynn had pulled out my heart and through it down his well, and the closer my heart got, the more I fell in love. "Come on, let's go," he said gently, pulling me to my feet. My head pounded.

Later...

The class was in their seats again, listening to our teacher once more explain how things should be. She then announced a break time to use the restroom and get a drink if needed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Wynn come up beside me, and grabbed his arm. I let go immediately when I saw it wasn't Wynn. It was Jeremy.
I blushed as Jeremy stared. "Sorry." I said loudly. My teacher smiled, a satisfied smile. I turned around then glanced at Wynn in shock. He was looking at Jeremy with a weird look on his face, and I saw it as a mixture of jealousy and anger.
I hadn't realized how strong his feelings were for me, until that moment. I felt ashamed of my behavior towards him, made an apologetic smile in his direction.
He smiled, and nodded gently. What I saw in his face proved what I thought he felt towards me.

Dismissal! I thought with glee. I jumped to my feet to get my backpack, and as soon as I was out the classroom door, I bumped into Wynn. "I-I'm-" I stuttered. He grabbed my hand, and helped me up. The connection of our skin was electric. I pulled him closer to me, his chest against mine. We breathed, just feeling our bodies against the others', and knew we both loved the other. I placed my nose to where it was touching the edge of his, and I said, "This is an Eskimo kiss, what they do instead of actual kissing, because otherwise their lips would be stuck together."
Wynn brushed his nose against mine, his eyes full of feeling. "Then let me give you a different kind of kiss." He touched his lips to mine, then moved away. "Wynn," I called, and he came back, pulling me into an empty corridor. I leaned flat against the wall, Wynn leaning forward, only our mouths touching. I felt heat in my belly increase, and again I pulled him close. He moved his hands up and down my back, as I clenched him to me. After a few minutes, I thought I must go and told Wynn. Wynn said he also needed to go, and we separated, still under a sort of spell. I gazed into his brown eyes, and saw what I felt reflected back at me. "Goodbye." I said, and walked away.

© Copyright 2009 firehairedgoddess (tamaraq0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1598794-Another-Dream-of-Desire-and-Love