*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601537-Dexious-and-Delania
by Dex
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1601537
A scene between Delania and Dexious two people who cant exprees how they feel.
Run to me, the words echoed in his ears. Run to me my angel, pounding every fibre of his body. Run to me my angel, Dexious body convulsed as the words raked his body. The fresh tears already on his face as the night mare came to a close with her face again in his mind.

Her beautiful green eyes printed into his conscious burning his mind. He lay in his bed eyes wide open. ‘Delania’ Dexious called his voice but a whisper in the darkness of his room.

There was two things he knew right then. One he need her. A need so powerful that it was destroying him not being with her. Two, He knew that it would never work between them, mainly because she was perfect and he wasn’t.

Dexious wasn’t sure what was hurting him more the knowing that she was only a few meters away or that she would be out of his life soon. Forever.

Dexious slide out of bed and quickly throw on his black tunic. Dexious crossed the hall from his room and stood out the front of the deep oak door. His hand moved hesitantly to the door in a knock.

Dexious body shivered as his hand got closer to the door. He tried to force his hand to move. Tried to force it that extra ten centimetres to the door, but couldn’t.

His hand hovering just away from the door. ‘Delania’ he mouthed not daring to utter the words out loud. He dropped his hand and rested his head softly against the door. ‘Delania’ he breathed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Delania head fell as she watched out her open window she had nearly no sleep as she watched the night thinking about the night. She could still smell him against her dress when they had danced.

‘Dexious’ she whispered, hugging her arms trying to keep the warmth in. She yearned to go into his room. Lay with him. The thought stirred many others which she had to force to ignore, as her cheeks turned a bright red.

She wouldn’t want her anyway. He was perfect, she wasn’t.

Her thoughts drifted back to Dexious and his, and her checks again turned to a bright red.

‘Maybe… Maybe… Maybe he would take me…. Just to lay with him…. Blame the cold…’ She muttered to herself, fighting herself to get up and go into his bed.

She paced her room still fighting her instincts. She stood against the door her hand on the door shivering, and not from the cold. ‘Dexious’ she breathed, ‘Dexious I need you’. The tears starting as she laid her head gently against the door.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dexious slowly lifted his head, ‘Fuck it’ he breathed. He pulled his hand up and knocked loudly against the hard oak door. His breath held in anticipation and fear.

Dexious took a step back as the door swung straight open Delania standing there. Her deep black framing her perfect emerald eyes a dark green almost black. Diamonds on her cheeks, still fresh from her despair of loneliness.

He was in awe again standing there staring deep into her eyes as the rich colour of emerald again filled them with.

‘Delania… I….’ He whispered.

All the pain was gone from him now. Everything was gone from him as they locked eyes. They stood there for some time eyes locked as they fell into the deepness of the others stares.

Dexious regained himself first. ‘I was just….' his voiced died struggling to say the words he wanted his every fibre fighting him 'coming to say goodnight'. Dexious turned and closed the door behind him. His face once again pressed against it he just let the tears fall crashing like thunder against the floor. He dragged himself back to his room and laid quietly not moving as darkness of his dreams took him as he cried his way into oblivion.
© Copyright 2009 Dex (dexious at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1601537-Dexious-and-Delania