*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604087-Silver-City
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Harmon
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1604087
About that thing that lives under your bed...It bites.
SILVER CITY

Nights grow cold. Stars linger out from behind the clouds. The sun draws the horizon southbound. Little girls and boys drift into slumber as their mommy's and daddy's are sexing behind their locked doors. Teens are getting drunk and smoking. It's all just fine and dandy.

Night becomes black instead of dark. Stars disappear along with hope and faith. Roses die and all those sleeping children don't hear a peep. Mom and dad finally pass out; teens collapse. Time stops. In your perfect little town, your days pass by. In Silver City, there is no magic or rainbows, nor is there such a thing as fearless. Courage is a rare thing to find. Everyone has something or someone to be scared of. In this city of rage and fright, there are things that go bump in the night. Unfortunately, for humans, it's impossible to bump us back.

For better or worse,
For evil or night,
For every monster who gave you a fright.

For every tear your ever cried.
For every brave act your ever tried.
For every closet your hearts been afraid of.
For every kid whose died.

To all you kids who smoke and drink,
To all you kids who never think.
To all you kids who believe in ghouls,
To us, every one of you are fools.

So leave your closets open,
Don't try to fight the fear,
We love the sound of screaming,
Ringing in our ears.

With every drop of soul we don't have,
Welcome to Silver City.





Harmon.
© Copyright 2009 Harmon (harmon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604087-Silver-City