*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611586-Running-With-SpidersChap1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Harmon
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1611586
Jonah, Finn, Ashtyn and Gavin are in for one hell of a ride.
Their feet pounded hard against the cement. Finally, they could see over the green hills to the apartment complexes; salvation at last. Ashtyn looked behind her, they weren't being chased anymore, to her relief. Still running, they made their way up the steps and into a random apartment she guessed was Finns.
She breathed heavily wanting to collapse from exhaustion. Her senses had been doubled from adrenalin, and she could hear her newly found 'friends' laughing.
“Oh man, I thought they were going to get us for sure this time.”
“I know, dude. Could you see those things? Monsters. Holy crap. Next time I'm tripping you!”
They laughed in unison. Ashtyn was not please with Finn and Jonah right now. To her own disbelief, they had just been chased by only god knows what, and the two dumb asses were laughing.
She caught her breath “What the hell!?” Her outburst got everyone's attention.
“Why are you two laughing when you should be terrified!? I nearly just pissed myself and all you can say is how you're going to trip each other? You two are so screwed up in the head.”
“Relax. We're used to this. Are you gonna be okay?” She didn't know. Maybe. After she goes to therapy for a long time.
“Okay? Okay?! I just got chased by...by...”
“The boogeyman”
“Shut up Finn. You're a sarcastic ass. I don't know what the hell those were, but I know you shouldn't be laughing!”
“Ashtyn. Everything's fine. Just chill.” She did for a moment, realizing they were in someone's apartment. She could see the front of the apartment with a sofa in front of a large window which was covered by duct tape. All the windows were covered by duct tape. Not a single drop of light glowed in through the glass. The kitchen looked normal and filled with dirty dishes. The walls were just a plain white. She noticed a shadow of a person in the halway.
“Whose there?” She yelled. “I don't need anymore demon crap tonight, so get your ass out here before I come back there and get you!”
“I'm pretty sure you shouldn't threaten people in their own home.” Ashtyn thought they were busted.
“Gavin! Where were you buddy, we've been looking everywhere for you, man! We brought you some company.”
“Finn, you know him?” Gavin was a tall guy. He didn't look any older then seventeen with his short black hair. His lip was pierced and he was wearing a a black t-shirt with some blue jeans.
“Who, Gavin? He lets me stay here for free. He was supposed to be with us tonight but he bailed last minute. And what exactly were you doing that was so damn important, eh, Gavin?” Finn gave him a raised eyebrow. Gavin just looked annoyed.
“I had shit to take care of. Mind your own business.”
“Damn. Someone forgot to take their happy pill today. Isn't he usually happier than this, Finn?”
“Well, Jonah, I would say so. I think he's nervous with a girl in the room.” Jonah and Finn smirked. Secretly laughing at Gavin and his inability to talk to women.
“So, what brings you three here? What did you do?”
“Who us? We didn't do anything.” Jonah and Finn said in unison.
“We just got chased by...something. I just followed these two here. What the hell is going on?”
“She doesn't know? Then why the hell would you bring her here? This place is a freaking death trap, Finn. You're irresponsible. Get her out of here, now.”
“See. Funny thing. I can't. If those things are still out there than we have no where to go.”
“Want to fight em' off for us, Gavin? Me and Finn and Ashtyn would really appreciate it.”
“I'm not fighting anything off. What's her name?”
“Ashtyn.” Finn gave a hand gesture for her to go to him. She did. “She's a real beauty. She's fifteen. Say hello, Ashtyn.”
“Hi.”
“Hello, Ashtyn. I'm Gavin. Now get out.”
“That was rude, Gavin. You'd think you'd be nicer to a girl since you haven't had one in so long.”
“Jonah! I'm not being the victim of you playing matchmaker. Now, tell me what the fuck is going on, or I'm going to beat the crap out of all three of you.” Ashtyn isn't a particularly patient girl. Especially when she was out of a loop. She goes nuts over something like this.
“Long story short: We were just chased by demons. Gavin knows how to kill them. We've been doing this since we were eleven, except for Gavin. Now you get to join us. The end.”
Ashtyn could not believe it. She scanned the room, looking for hidden cameras or some microphones. She couldn't see anything. She could only see the looks of her friends, and they were staring back her smiling face.
© Copyright 2009 Harmon (harmon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611586-Running-With-SpidersChap1