*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604265-Release
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Dark · #1604265
Releasing emotion through writing!
The soft wind caresses my cheek, and the stream of tears lying upon it slowly evapourates. My dull and lifeless eyes wince with pain as they leak the most sorrow filled tears I have ever felt leave my body. I look below me to see clear running water thrashing violently against itself and the heartless shining rocks protruding out of it, and my toes hastily grip the metal barrier I stand on. The silence is deafening. All that can be heard is the strong splash of the water below me and the wind whistling around me. I cling onto the columns on the bridge I contemplate my life on, so tight my fingers have turned white, so cold they are completely numb. Just like my mind. My black hair whips my face and my ragged clothes dance about in the tough wind, but all my mind can concentrate on is the severe pain I feel inside. My arms bear the scars of my pain, and as I look at them the tears continue to appear from my creased up eyes as I gasp for breath inbetween cries. I stare out into the night. It's pitch blackness surrounds me and all I can see infront of me is emptiness.  As the gales kiss me and massage my body I weakly whisper through parted lips to the night air, "Save Me." Suddenly, the tears stop flowing, and my eyes open wide. The pain in my mind is so raw that it fogs my vision and I can no longer see straight, mentally and physically. My face straightens out and the tears are stolen away by the icy cold air around me. I stare at the water fighting below me and my grip on the column of the bridge loosens. My hands hesitantly reach my sides and the only thing stopping me falling to my death is the grip my feet have on the metal barrier I stand on. I look to the sky once more and picture your face, and my feet let go. Slowly but speedily I float down to the icy waters below me. Just as the water comes closer, I mouth to myself, "I'm free."

And with that, I went under, and never came back up.

I am with you once more.
© Copyright 2009 OhMyJuliet (ohmyjuliet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1604265-Release