*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605123-Warriors-The-Powerful-Four
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1605123
the next part-yay !
Chapter #3
Still bummed about Heatherkit beating her, Hollykit skipped going out in the forest with her siblings. Moonshimmer, their mother, couldn't guess why the black kitten was so glum. Honeykit chased a red-golden leaf. Heatherkit studied a particually large bug climbing a tree. Hazelkit daydreamed of talking with the Shadowclan leader, Leechstar, about borders. Moonshimmer whispered to her mate, Wildheart, about the four kits. "...and Hazelkit fantasizes too much...Heatherkit's smarter than a Windclan warrior...Honeykit won't stand up for herself-she's too shy...Hollykit is too rough with the others...speaking of Hollykit..."Moonshimmer listed all of her children's quirks. The silver and black tipped she-cat nervously shook her head. Wildheart's yellow eyes bore into her. " It's time to go. Besides, your the deputy and you should start the patrols." The five cats stretched and arched their backs. Time to get back to camp.
As Moonshimmer finished with the patrols - Sandfeather, Strongclaw, Dreampaw, and Jaywhisker on the border patrol, and Sleekfur, Sunwing, Crystalpelt and Gingerpaw for the hunting patrol-she picked an especially juicy vole and dragged it to where her kits were sitting. Heatherkit immediatly pointed out that one of its eyes was open. Hazelkit leaped up to go tell Rainkit, but her mother hushed her with a glare. Ashamed, Hazelkit sat down. Honeykit shrinked back as a huge white warrior came lumbering up to Moonshimmer. "Strongclaw! How was the patrol?" Strongclaw, Moonshimmer's brother, answered gravely, " Shadowclan have unnecisarrily been keeping the borders fresh for some moons. We thought nothing of it, but now they have moved into our territory." Moonshimmer abrubtly sat up and raced to Wanderstar's den, signaling with her tail for Stronclaw to follow. Hollykit padded up out of nowhere. "Now's our chance!" Hazelkit looked at her quizzicly. Heatherkit realized what Hollykit meant, though. " No, Hollykit! We can't!"

© Copyright 2009 Moonshimmer (moonshimmer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1605123-Warriors-The-Powerful-Four