*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606853-Banisher-Team-The-Horror-House-Act-1
by Curtis
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1606853
A story about the banisher team's experiance in a terrifying house... The Horror House.
The Horror House Act 1

Maria attached her flashlight to the readied colt. Clearly scared of her past experiences in a situation like this. "Hello?" she murmured, no reply. Maria continued to stride through the pitch black room, all that she could see using her flashlight was the concrete floor which looked like it would be used in the grounds of a pre-school. As she walked further on, she finally stumbled across what appeared to be a giant bell. Many things were occurring in Maria's head; Concrete grounds, a giant bell... She wondered what she had to do here.

Maria examined further the bell. She looked around it, nothing. She looked above it, nothing. Finally, she ventured underneath the bell, there was a note. "Ring the bell with fear and fright, summon forth the creatures of the night" It read. Maria gasped, apparently Marcus had done this type of challenge before - It was the combat challenge. She knew what she had to do, and it was to defeat the horde of whatever these creatures of the night were.

The bell wasn't at all tempting to ring, but Maria knew what she had to do. She readied her colt and pulled the ammunition pack from her belt, she placed the cold hard bullets in the miniature cylinder slots around her belt. She breathed in not so confidently, and rung it, jumping back at the devastating vibration and tone of the ring that hurt her ears.

A great wall began to emerge from the ground into what seemed like a limitless sky. The wall was a box that surrounded her, the size of a football pitch. The lighting had greatly increased and she could now switch off her flashlight and detach if from the colt, she did so. Alongside the emergence of the giant wall came platforms and sandbags, obviously cover if necessary. The ground began to shudder violently and it nearly knocked Maria off her feet, what was happening?

A deafening screech surrounded the area as many things started scaling the wall - alongside bats appearing out of nowhere. Something dropped from the top of the wall, it looked like a man in a suit, his face was grey and wrinkled, and his eyes were pure white. The fall looked like it would have killed him, but in an instant he leapt to his feet. Maria nearly choked as she figured out what it was - "Zombie!" she croaked. Many more zombies in different types of clothing crumpled to the floor and got to their feet, to Maria's misfortune. The zombies started to slowly edge towards Maria from all sides of the pitch, she pointed the somewhat deadly colt at the oncoming undead. The zombies began sprinting towards her at a faster than running pace.

The zombies were mindless and only cared about getting their fill of flesh. Maria screamed as she pulled the trigger of her gun multiple times, two zombies fell to the floor. They became ever faster and if she didn't finish them off soon, they would cover the whole length of the pitch and reach her. Maria knew that bullets alone wouldn't kill the mass amounts of undead savages, so without thinking she pulled a small frag grenade from her belt. It happened almost instantly as she cocked the grenade and threw it high into the air, moments later it hit a massive crowd of zombies and blood splattered the grounds where they stood a moment ago. "Phew" she sighed in relief, that was most of them. There were about five more zombies left, all limping helplessly towards her. "Humph, not a problem" she grinned now more confidently, as she shot about six more rounds at the disturbing figures, killing each with good aim.

The wall and pitch sized arena, along with the remains of the zombies and bats, all dissapeared into the ground. A booming voice filled the room. "Challenge complete, please continue through the next door". Maria was joyous at passing the challenge, she was confident that the others would complete their tasks, surely killing a horde of zombies with not much fire-power was the hardest of them all?


© Copyright 2009 Curtis (curtisboy123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1606853-Banisher-Team-The-Horror-House-Act-1