*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607046-leaving-home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1607046
a girl that needs to leave home to fly free
Looking back behind me I saw nothingness, everything was embraced by the night’s shadows. I move forward trying not to bump into anything. I’m not very good at avoiding objects. I’ve already ran into one table, two chairs, a wall and a bed side table. The bed side table hurt the most. As I walk I can feel a bruise start to for on my right leg. “Ouch” I whisper angrily and in pain as I run into another chair. I’m surprised I haven’t woken anyone with the racket I’m making. I feel some guilt toward my actions tonight; I’m not use to going behind my family’s back. I’m 18 and I’ve never done anything for myself, I mean come on I’m an adult now, I can take care of myself. There are only two people in the whole world that I entrusted with my intentions of a new life, my two best friends Chris and Opal, and the decided to come with me. Our plan is that we will leave our homes in the middle of the night, because we all know that our families will try to stop us, we will each leave a note for them telling them everything, then Opal will come and pick Chris and I up and then we’re leaving. ‘BUZZ BUZZ’ I felt my phone go off in my back pocket. It was a message from Opal ‘BE THERE IN 20 PICKING UP CHRIS’ I sighed heavily and send a ‘KK’ in reply and put my phone away. ‘Better start on my note’ I thought as I got a pen and paper out of a draw in the kitchen.

Dear Everyone (Mum, Dad, Jimmy and Katelyn)
I’m deeply sorry to be doing this to you but I know that if I told you of my plan you would have tried to stop me, but I don’t want to be stopped. I want to fly free and stand on my own two feet. I need room to grow and I can’t do that here in this small town. So I am leaving with Chris and Opal. I will not say where I am going due to the fact I know you will come and get me. I will tell you one day when I’m settled into my new home. I love you all so very much. Jimmy my big brother; you don’t have to worry about me anymore. Katelyn my sissy, I will miss seeing your charming smile every day. Dad, I will always be your little girl and i will miss your warm hugs. Mother, I am sorry about all the things I have put you through the last couple of years, I will miss everything about you.
Love Jodie
P.S my phone will be off for the next two days.

Putting down the pen tears started to fill my eyes. I wiped them away with the sleave of my jumper. I folded the paper and placed it on the kitchen table. I felt my phone go off again; I reached into my pocked and flipped it open. ‘AT FROUNT OF YOUR PLACE’ I breathed in, then exhaled. ‘Ok this is it’ I thought and picked up the two bags that where waiting for me at the door. I walked outside into the fresh cold air and saw my best friends waiting for me in the car. I walked over put my bags in the boot and hopped in the back. “Ready?” Opal asked “ready” Chris and I both replied. “let’s do this” Opal said and reversed out of my drive way.
© Copyright 2009 red14lilli (red14lilli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607046-leaving-home