*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607531-The-Haunted-Labyrinth
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1607531
Contest: Flash Fiction in 300 words or less - Nicky and Nell go into the Haunted Labyrinth
"Come on Nicky, look, it's a Haunted Labyrinth! Come on, Baby, Let's go inside!" said Nell, with such excitement she could barely contain herself.

Nicky looked at Nell, giving her hand a tight squeeze, and thinking about all of the crazy things she convinced him to do in the last two years.

"All right, Nell, let's go for it!" he said as he willingly followed. "But, I warn you..." he began, with a frightfully teasing tone, "I'm going to scare the pants off of you!" he finished with an escalating tone, putting very loud emphasis on 'you'.

They entered the Labyrinth, not fully knowing what to expect. Though they knew nothing would be real, they had a tight grip on one another. Their eyes were glued to the bloodied and gruesome haunts that would appear from nowhere, as they made their way through the maze.

Thoroughly disoriented after many wrong turns, Nell spoke out, "Nicky, I think this is the third time we've been down this dead end."

"Nell, look, do you see that?" he asked, as he pointed to the dead end. Nell nodded her head in agreement and she squeezed him, never taking her eyes off of the object ahead. They cautiously inched forward, half-expecting someone to grab them at any moment.

Suddenly, Nell tripped, taking Nicky down with her. "Nicky..." she quivered, "something tripped me, but... there's nothing there."

In one quick jolt, realizing they had lost eye contact with the object they saw moving at the end of the hedge, they looked up and beheld a dark black figure gliding toward them.

"You kids lost?" a normal voice sounded.

"You scared me half to death!" Nicky cried out, followed by a huge sigh of relief.

"That was AWESOME!!" Nell squealed, jumping to her feet.
© Copyright 2009 WJ Stams (wjstams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607531-The-Haunted-Labyrinth