*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608407-Michael-and-Andy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dee
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1608407
A friend in need is a friend indeed
The night was dark and deserted. What had started out as a s gentle breeze was slowly becoming a full force gale.Night guards stood hunched together as they tried to fight of the cold, fires were restricted in this part of town and the only way to keep warm was by preserving the body heat and hoping that morning came soon. The streets looked empty and lifeless, but if you looked closely enough however you could make out hunched life forms in structures made with polythene, cartons and whatever else they could find in the litter bins. In one of these structures was Andy and Michael. The two were brothers and had taken to the streets unable to tolerate the abuse Kate, their father's new mistress was unleashing on them.

"Mike, am really hungry," Andy whispered rubbing his palms together.

Michael looked at him and or a moment he forgot his own hunger. Andy had not been feeling well for weeks and without him to watch his back it was becoming exceedingly dificult or Michael to find food. They had not eaten a good meal in days and Andy had never looked this weak in years.

:Let's take a walk," Michael said

"Are you crazy? Its freezing out there1"

"Well, do you want food or not, i know a place where we can find some but you have to come with me" Michael said reaching out to Andy.

Andy looked at him then at his extended hand as is weighing his options then grabbing his hand said,

"this better be worth me freezing out my ass."

The place they were going to was Tabon or as everyone else knew it 'Paradise'.It was so called since everyone thought and Michael agreed it looked like heaven, beautiful houses lined the streets, well landscaped gardens, a view of the lake and everything you could want.

"Listen Andy when we get to the gate i'll distract the guards stay put until I come back."

Andy nodded his head and threw Michael a concerned look. The guards at Tabon estate were not necessarily known or their kindness and Andy wondered what Michael had up his sleeve.

Andy paused as Michael pulled him to squat beside him and putting a finger to his lips motioned for him to be silent. Michael stood up and running to the fence slouched over and wiggled his way to the other end. That was the last Andy saw of him when a few minutes later he heard the guards shouting. He felt his heart start to race as he struggled to make out what was happening.

He saw Michael running wildly in his direction with the guards in hot pursuit, when he reached where Andy was hiding he threw him a package in a brown bag and shouted



"Run Andy, run!"

Andy took the package and garnering what little strength he had left started run, for how long he ran he was not sure, the last he saw of Michael was him tripping and the guards raining blows on him.

He stopped to breath whenn he saw someone slouched over on the road bleeding, probably unconscious. It was Michael. The tears stung his eyes as he slowly supported Michael and dragged his bak to the shanty they called home. He barely managed to get him inside when Michael began to regain consciousness, he mumbled something and Andy struggled to hear.

"Hope you like the brownies," Michael said "They're really good." then he collapsed and lost consciousness again.

© Copyright 2009 Dee (teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608407-Michael-and-Andy