*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608727-Just-a-little-something-I-wrote
Rated: E · Other · Young Adult · #1608727
My thoughts.
All that I know is gone. Like the wind carried it away, a weight’s been lifted off my shoulders. Should I be happy or scared? I feel weightless. It’s a good feeling. The best feeling. Like I don’t have to hide anymore, what I am. Did I even know who I was? All I know is that I don’t care what anyone thinks anymore.



The rain’s falling, washing away all my sins. I love the rain for this sole reason, I feel like it’s giving me a fresh start. A chance to try again. To be pure and selfless. When the rain stops and the sun comes out, I know it’s time to start over.  It’s also extremely calming, like a stress reliever, almost. My mind dulls as I watch the rain, no headaches at all. For once, everything is perfect and I’m in a kind of trance. I love it because I feel most in tune with myself, instead of ignoring who I am and try to be who they want me to be. Perfect. Flawless. Beautiful. All words I strive to be and fail miserably at.



I’m not perfect, though I try to be. I’m not flawless, though I wish I were. I might be beautiful, but that’s not for me to know. It’ll just go straight to my head and that’s definitely not what I want. Not at all.

I want to stand out and fit in, both at the same time. How is that possible? Can I ever achieve that? But I know, someday I will. I will be perfectly fine with just being me. Someday. But that day is not today.

© Copyright 2009 xXCassadeeXx (xxcassadeexx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608727-Just-a-little-something-I-wrote