*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608811-Dragons-of-Dark-Water
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Action/Adventure · #1608811
In Dark Water, our hero must decide how to rule
I have just gotten back from a job as a bartender in the Earth Kingdom. I worked at the Light Islands Resort. One of my army messengers told me I was to come back to my Kingdom. He dropped me off outside of the school I taught at over a year ago. I confronted Dr. Creep and told him to run from the city. I stayed at the school overnight. The week was the week of Christmas. I turned to my house and surprised my family. Kat, Light, Dark, and I went on a four-day trip to a spa run by some friends. My family then left for Eton after the trip. I woke up after the trip and went to work for my school. I called Creep and told him to change the books for History, Science, Language, and Math. I taught my students everything I was supposed to. When we went for the swimming test each person succeeded. Lanan teleported behind me and stabbed me through the back. I didn’t feel pain. The students shrank back and I looked at the sword protruding from my chest. I pulled the sword out and I told him to get lost. He told me to hand over the kingdom within three hours or he would kill the people I was teaching. I told him there was no chance of that or words to that effect. He tried to kill Daisuke to prove he wasn’t lying and I stabbed him in the eyes with a ballpoint pen. I said “The pen is mightier than the sword.” He then teleported away from the school. The four enemy generals are: Lanan, Phobos, Cedric, and Lord Ragnos. Lanancorus has revealed himself three times. Once he killed over 297 men, leaving out the women and children he slaughtered. The three privates from my army he left alive have been safely retrieved. I have talked to them and found the others were protecting my location fiercely. They have no place to go but my special training bunkers.

I met with the Fae to talk with them about the Cadrion threat. We surveyed the fortress and watched them make huge machines of death and destruction. They destroyed the hide-out and we fell into the earth. When I came to, I realized that we had landed in Haveno. I called Kat and told her to flee from the earth or she would be destroyed by the Cadrions. She told me Shinzo was finally destroyed. I told her to gather my army and flee into deep space. I went to an old friend’s burial place and revived him. We prepared a ship to blast into deep space.

I have blasted into deep space. I have brought with me Ash and his friends. I picked up Ainge and his friends. My sister has found out that I regained my emotions with a bang. I shoot fire from my body when I recover my emotions. It exhausts me so I have to rest for 6 earth hours. It afflicts me at midnight Central earth time. This is not good when I am in the middle of a fight. I have teleported with my ship over 500 years into the future. My friends have discovered the Earth is controlled by the Universal Alliance of Globes. I have fought Destroyers Drones and won. I am resting with my sister monitoring me. We have opened a rift into my time and entered it destroying Cadrions along the way.

I had to heal quite a few friends because they were severally wounded by the time travel. Soka had an adverse reaction to the medication and healing process. His feet were paralyzed and he was shaking violently. He recovered and we healed his back to heal his feet. My sister and our friends sat down to a meeting with 502 representatives of our army. I said I was going to quit my job as leader of the army and I was giving the job to my son. People naturally raised objections because my son is not quite like me. So I set up a ballot for them to vote on. Fire, Jaden, and I were the candidates. The votes were tied. We resorted to flipping coins. Fire won the ballot because of it. My sister was angry at the thought of me quitting the army. I reassured her, saying I would not quit the army but I was going to become a private. Jaden came and asked me how my family took me demoting myself. I told him that Aelita was angry and Kat was indifferent about it.

I have thought about regaining my status in the army. I am now the General of the Army. My son gave up the position to me after we rescued the royal family of Proxima Centauri V. We have worked a deal where the entire Cadrion fleet belongs to me. I have destroyed a member of the Cadrion fleet for crossing me. I have destroyed a remnant of the Earth Cadrion Squad. I destroyed them without mercy. I have spent the remainder of the day in a coma.

The Cadrions have proved resilient about giving back Earth saying it is their land by victory and they won’t give it back. The people of Proxima Centauri V have let me and my armies stay at their planet. I have stopped many assassination attempts at the king of Proxima V and I have a new power. I can wrap myself in lightning if I am threatened. The man who gave me this power said, “This is your last form use it wisely.” I feel in my heart that he lied, but I do not know for certain. It may be tied with my emotions.

Dracula is back with a vengeance. He destroyed 500 of my Special Op Guards. He said, “I will destroy the royal family if you do not battle me.” I asked my sister, “What do we do besides blow the planet up with our combined power.” She said, “Battle him and banish him from Capital City.” I thanked her and started a ferocious battle with the King of Vampires. I transformed into the King of Elements and we began our fight. Mountains were raised up, seas were vaporized, and mighty electrical storms formed all around us. When he saw he could not win, he said, “Spare my life and do not destroy my armies.” I replied, “Dracula! your life is worthless! Your armies much more! I will spare you and destroy those who claim to be your servants!” I teleported Dracula away to the Dark Capital of Proxima Centauri V.

Shortly afterwards I and the other five members of the highest parts of my government got invited to the greatest race in the Galaxy, The Nagaradzu Race. Other planets got invited also. Over Twenty competitors went to this great race knowing only one would get the title ‘President of the Galaxy’. I quickly figured out there was more at stake than just a stupid title. You automatically lose if your President’s Wife loses her life. I was Extra Gunner. Jaden was Gunner. Alexis was Pilot. Kat, Aelita, and Jeremie were technicians and Mechanics. We could get two fellow members, my eldest son and daughter, the names are Fire and Water. We then found out the King of Nagaradzu was ill and using my power of curse removal, I cured him. He was inflicted with the same curse I was. He was also infected with a lethal curse called Ragnos’ Revenge.

My son went and looked for a cure and found one planted by my special spy at this time, Xano. I went and bought it from him and got information that something called the Dragon Wars was starting up. One of my treaties with other beings told the dragons the suns of the many planets were theirs for the taking. I raced back to the compound only to find one very angry girl waiting inside the king’s room. This girl was called Will and she is with the group of portal Guardians. Apparently someone had been taking the liberty of writing letters to Proxima Centauri V and were bad-mouthing Will and her friends. I found out that my clone brother, Ymerej, was responsible for this so when Will’s friends showed up, I told them the truth. Then I went and attacked Ymerej outright. He forced Tavion to be his bodyguard. I said, “You are cold-blooded. You have no decency for any life. I should have destroyed you many years ago.” He just smiled and said, “Thank you. I really do not care who dies to protect me.” I beat them all to pieces before my anger was subsided.

After the race the next day, I fell into a weird trance like the one right before I got my new power. The old man appeared again and said, “I forgot you have the ability to transform, using Xano’s curse, into a dragon of elements. Immediately I woke up and saw a huge Dragon laying siege to the planet. I transformed and told the dragon to quit and he just laughed it off. (Why does every being find it funny to get me angry?!) I saw my sister transform into an Ice dragon and attack him before I can lay my talons on him. I stopped her saying, “Sis, Aelita, This fight is mine he angered me first.” She let me tear into the Hail Dragon.

The changing from human to dragon and back is exhausting, in all respects. Aelita got knocked out cold when she changed back into human and was put on a heart-rate monitor and breathing monitor. She woke up and was ready to take on the next day’s race. I told her not to over-exert herself. Tommy the Terror helped me subdue 24,000 vampire-Cadrions. The Cadrion-Earth wars are drawing to a close. I have changed from a person that would kill somebody if they looked at me strange to a person who is becoming a better leader. Aelita is changing into a war specialist from a pacifist. Kat is somewhat accepting of wars now, instead of diplomatic treaties. My friends are more helpful to me now that I have changed.

Isn’t it funny what can happen in a few short years? My family was pretty shattered and now it is healed. My enemies still have to pay me for their insolence, but I can overlook most of it. The Dragon Wars are beginning and no one is safe from the dragons. The races of Nagaradzu have become the Earth Races and the Cadrions are being removed from my planet. I am now King of half the Galaxy. My friends are the Elite of the Elite. Tommy the Terror is chief over the entire army. Xano has been rewarded for his efforts in telling me about the Dragon Wars.
© Copyright 2009 Lee Harden (james40000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608811-Dragons-of-Dark-Water