*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610930-Daniel-and-Tracy--Mythicalia-II
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1610930
Daniel and Tracy get together. Or do they....
    The Elves brought their priesrtess to marry the Colonists, many weddings were held under the colorful trees.  Tracy was sure that Daniel would ask her, when he didn't she was broken hearted.  On the last day when the Elves left Tracy saw Daniel follow them into the woods, so she followed him. She saw him grab Angelia's arm and pull her back, obviously he thought they were alone.

    "I think I'm in love with you." he said to her. Tracy was stunned.

    "Daniel it wouldn't work." Angelia stated "We are too different."

    "We could make it work." Daniel insisted "Your the most beautiful woman I've ever known you make my heart race."  Then he pulled her close for a kiss, she returned the kiss but pulled away afterward.

    "This is not right." She insisted again. "What about Tracy?"

    "What about her?" He asked

    "Is there not something special between you?"

    "We are friends, nothing more."

    Tracy hearing this ran off crying.  After thier year together on the ship plus all the cooking and cleaning she had done for him here he still only thought of her as a friend.

Daniel heard the sounds of her running threough the leaves and knew they had not been alone. at first he wonderedf who had been there, but Tracy's change in attitude soon made it obvious.  She stopped cooking for him and washing his clothes.  She began avoiding him whenever possible. 

    By this time it was nearly Resting season. On Earth it would have been winter.  All the leaves had fallen from the trees,and the animals headed south or were starting their hibernation.  There would soon be snowfall according to the Elves. It was a time to stay inside and work out new ways to make clothes, beads and other indoor activities. 

      The Colonists had dug pits to keep their food in, they discovered a permafrost much like Earth's.  They also discovered that by throwing water on the meat it froze keeping it from rotting.  They also survived on fish and small animals trapped in snares.

      The first snowfall came and everyone oohed and aahed over the beauty of the barren land turned white.  Daniel came to Tracy to apologize for hurting her feeliongs.

      "I'm sorry you had to see us in the woods that day." He told her.

      "How did you know I was there?" she asked

      "I heard you running away."

      "You meant what you said to her?"

      "Yes I did."

      "Then there is no need to apologize."

      "You are angry with me, you don't cook for me anymore and I miss your cooking."

      "Why should I waste my time cooking for a friend when I shouold be cooking for a husband?"

      "I never knew you felt that way." He whispered as he walked away.  He stopped at his cabin and grsbbed his fishing pole, thinking a little fishing would get his mind off his delema.  He liked Tracy even cared for her a little bit, but Angelia made him feel things no other woman had ever made him feel.

            Four months passed and Growing made itself known.  The snow melted and new buds began to pop out on the trees.  The Elves invited the Colonists to share in their New Year celebration.  There were Elven weddings as well as a few more human ones, Birth celebrations where newborns were accepted and named, A huge feast at sundown, and a bonfire with music and dancing after dark. 

        Daniel had done everything he could to get Angelia's attention, but she was busy.  They had announced her engagement arranged by her parents and she was busy accepting gifts and congradulations.  Daniel had wanted her to refuse the engagement and run away with him, she tried to explain but he wouldn't listen.

        "You can't tell me you don't love me!" He stated "I felt you return my kiss that day in the forest."

        "I don't love you, and you don't love me it is just lust you feel for me and that will pass.  You need a good woman like Tracy."

        "What I need is you."

        "Well you can't have me, I am happy with this arrangement That is the way of the Elves."

        "I guess I must accept it and you are right Tracy is a good woman" DAniel conceded.

           

© Copyright 2009 Theresa (witchiewoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610930-Daniel-and-Tracy--Mythicalia-II