*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635328-The-Knights-Curse---Chapter-One
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1635328
A knight falls in love and it changes him in strange ways.
Long ago in a land where dragons still roamed free and a time when Knights slayed them to prove thier bravery, a good witch named Conney asked the king for help. An evil wizard was turning all the young men in the village into farm animals.
The King sent his bravest, most honorable knight to see what could be done. So Daevyd went, he travelled for days through dangerous forests and friendly villages. He came to the village of Tray where the witch Conney lived. There he spent the night in Conney's barn as there was no inn.
Late that night he heard the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. It was a woman singing, he followed the sound through the woods. There he found the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She had long brown hair that hung down her back in waves. She was plump but not fat. She wore a white cotton gown that almost glowed in the moonlight. She seemed to be collecting some kind of plant. Daevyd sat all night watching her and listening to her beautiful voice, he fell asleep leaning against an oak tree.
The next morning as he ate breakfast with Conney he asked her about the girl.
"Careful young man that voice is the reason your here. She is my niece and the wizard's daughter. Many young men of our village have followed that voice into the woods and returned as some animal."
"How do you know the animals used to be your young men?"
"Though they are animals in every other aspect they still speak the human language."
"That is very interessting I think I should like to talk to some of these animals."
"That will be very easy to do you'll find one in almost every household."
That is exactly what Daevyd did. He went and interviewed the talking animals. What he learned from them was very interesting to him. He wrote the KIng a note saying they may need the help of a royal wizard. He sent the note by carrier pigeon and went to find the girl. He didn't have to wait long.

© Copyright 2010 Theresa (witchiewoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635328-The-Knights-Curse---Chapter-One