*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612145-Jumping
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1612145
short, random, death scene
I stood on the ledge looking down. My heart pumping fast. The water looked so inviting. Dark, cold, and wet it screamed. I looked back at my locket laying next to my shoes. Perfect thing to put in place of remembering me. I knew someone would find it, eventually.

My eyes closed and I found myself going back to this morning when I had decided I wanted to end my life. The smile I wore on my face all day. The hugs I gave to random people. the note I wrote explaining to my mother. The last time my blood drops will fall from my wrist onto my white carpet. My mouth curved upwards. My eyes flashed open. the clock chimed and I knew it was my time to jump.

I listened for it to chime seven times, so I could hear the twelfth one before crashing into the water. I took a deep breath and stepped off.

Falling felt incredible. The wind in my face, blowing through my hair, and stinging my opened eyes. Giggles bursting from my lips with no control. I felt my heart pace quicken as i was nearing the water. This was it. My last moments alive. I heard the clock sing its twelfth chime and I closed my eyes.

My feet hit the water first. The pain burned through my body like an electric shock. The wet waves took over and threw me around beneath the surface. Forcing me to tumble and turn. Down and down I sunk. Opening my mouth, my body was trying to find air. Bubbles shot out of my mouth floating toward the top. My arms tried to follow the bubbles, but my mind was set. Today was my last day. I felt my subconscious take over my mind and my heart slow down to a stop. I smiled. Then I faded away with the bubbles, and let the sea overcome me.
© Copyright 2009 Tera Ohlert (shadowkitten2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612145-Jumping